We're seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join AXIS our Business Insights Team, AXIS based in Thame, Oxfordshire. Salary up to £45k per annum, company performance bonus and excellent benefits including pension, 26 days holiday rising to 31 days
Ideal location: Thame, United Kingdom, OX9
The purpose of the Business Development Manager role is to win new clients for Axis & CPM through both proactively targeting of companies and responding to inbound enquiries. You will have a strong team ethic and the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team and agency environment. You will have the ability to understand, present and explain complex analytical products with confidence with both internal and external senior clients and maintain the day to day relationships with these stakeholders.
CPM Group is one of the world's leading field marketing agency with a reputation for being the leaders in Business Insight and Analytics. Axis are the consultancy arm of the CPM Group.
Axis seek strategic partnerships within our group partners, external brands, sales and marketing agencies to optimise performance by applying our Insight & Development Toolkit & transformational thinking. We work with data to create insight that optimises strategy and return on investment for our Retail, B2B and Digital marketing channels.Key Responsibilities:
* Meet with clients virtually and face to face to take briefs, understand business needs and challenges
* Take responsibility for creating the response including compiling content and building the commercial plan.
* Work as part of a team or lead a team from brief through to pitch
* Work with all internal stakeholders to develop our response to RFPs ensuring that all tasks and workstreams are delivered on time
* Manage relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders and suppliers.
* Manage and develop opportunity clients, delivering ongoing work whilst looking to sell up through toolkit
* Proactive approach to develop long term relationships with potential clientsYou would enjoy this role if you:
* Are a self-starter, comfortable in being able to work in isolation and confident in discussing products and services
* Enjoy working in a target driven environment
* Are curious - seeks to understand what is going on and proactive in recommending improvements
* Work effectively as part of the team, collaborating and providing support when required
* Are driven and prepared to push others to develop the best possible solution for Axis/ CPM clients
* Actively seek and act on feedback for continuous development and can articulate strengths and development areasSkills, experience and knowledge:
* B2B sales experience
* Tenacious and confident to reach out to target potential clients and open doors for Axis
* Proven business development experience delivering winning, product or complex services opportunities.
* Strong and confident presentation skills
* Ability to influence and actively listen
* Excellent interpersonal skills - comfortable and adept at managing multiple stakeholders and relationships
* Excellent project management and time management skills
* Experience of working in FMCG/fast-moving sales environment with customer contact experience
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills; able to adopt a creative or innovative approach when needed
* Ability to understand and explain complex analytical products with confidence
* Competent in the use of Microsoft office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Ability to manage forecasts, budgets and costings.
We will value your expertise and give you the opportunity to lead from the front. You'll work with a great team of people who all strive to deliver. With our support, the opportunity to achieve really is in your hands.
We are an accredited Investors in People Gold award company and place great importance on the training and development of our people. We work in a collaborative environment where great ideas and achievements are shared and celebrated.
CPM are an equal opportunities employer we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities.