Do you have a passion for Category and Insight? Do you enjoy taking the lead in key strategic Retail relationships, including three of the big four food multiples. Do you take pride in developing junior members of your team? If this answers are yes then I have an amazing opportunity for you!
Partnering with a growing specialist food brand that have gone from strength to strength, with a Turnover exceeding £30 million, international sales in over 20 countries and over 35% market share in the UK.
With an ethos of performance and accountability, and a culture described as passionate, team focused and open, this is a great brand to be with.
About the role:
You’ll be one of the businesses experts in the historic market data and understanding what is driving performance, in order to recommend to both retailers and the business what we should do with range, fixture, price and promotions to unlock future growth. This role requires you to get stuck into detailed data analysis, and then step back to see the big picture and work out what needs to be done
You will need to build and maintain strong relationships with key buyers and merchandising contacts in order for them to trust and implement your recommendations
You’ll provide lots of analysis and insight for the Commercial team to take directly to retailers
You’ll be taking on some monthly reporting responsibility to ensure everyone internally understands all of the categories that we operate in and to enable the business to make strategic decisions based on data.
• Experience at data analysis and shaping this analysis into actionable insights. We’d love someone who can help to train and coach the rest of the business to make the best possible use of our data and insights, so being self-sufficient when it comes to understanding the data will be key. We like to get straight to the point so the capacity draw conclusions and recommendations is fundamental.
• Excellent communication skills, in particular presentation skills
• Ability to build and develop great relationships with our buyers and merchandising contacts as a trusted expert
• Able to prioritise quickly in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment
• Other essential requirements for this Category and Insight Lead role:
• Previous experience of working in FMCG, ideally in Category Management or Insights either client or agency side
• Experience using data providers like Nielsen, IRI, Kantar, Dunhumby or Aimia
If you are looking for your next challenge within Category, this role can offer a genuine opportunity to further develop in to a more senior leadership role medium term