Technical Manager – Meat / Protein / Food
Salary - £50-£60K + Excellent benefits package
Office based – London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest and most reputable fresh food businesses globally. They have a presence in over 60 countries, supplying all the major supermarket chains, hotels, restaurants, airlines and even the NHS. They identified a huge opportunity within the foodservice market and have seen sales grow significantly from nothing to over £35m in less than three years. This paired with their retail sales they turn over more than £100m.
As Technical Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation meet their customer’s needs for technical information, quality standards and specifications. It is imperative that you ensure full compliance against the current customer code of practice and legislation.
You will report into the General Manager and be a vital part of the leadership team.
The overall accountabilities of this role are as follows:
- Working closely with the commercial team to deliver and drive an outstanding technical and quality focussed service to customers in the UK and Internationally
- Being the first point of contact with customers with regards to technical and compliance.
- Facing inwardly to customers and supplier technical functions, developing long lasting working relationships.
- Taking the lead for site technical visits and audits.
- Closing out all non-conformances, found through internal, external, customer, supplier, BRC and GMP audits.
- Taking the lead of the HACCP team.
You must have HACCP level 3 and BRC version 8 to apply for this position.
To be considered for this role you must currently work or have previously worked within the chilled or fresh food arena, preferably meat and proteins. It is preferable that you have acted as a Technical Manager, however all candidates who have the desired skills and experience operating as a QA Manager will also be considered.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you have the experience and background described by sending your CV to Sophie.email@example.com