Henson Recruitment is proud to be partnering Hain Celestial in their search for a first-class Head of R&D for the fast-growing Plant-Based business. Their UK portfolio proudly demonstrates scale and strength in the UK Grocery sector, operating across multiple categories with household name brands such as Hartley’s, Linda McCartney, Sun Pat, New Covent Garden Soup and Yorkshire Provender in addition to their own Meat-Free Brand “The Unbelievable ALT”, launched in 2020.
The Plant-Based division is highly profitable and is beginning the global journey in one of the most dynamic categories within food where they are highly ambitious and aim to double the size in 3yrs and become a leader in category by driving the brand and innovation alongside major investment in to the manufacturing site.
Head of R&D
£six-figure package including base, bonus, car
Norfolk based | Relocation likely required
Based in the Plant-Based Centre of Excellence within the NPD function, you will hold first class knowledge and ideally have experience of alternative proteins with the ability to demonstrate your experience of both concept and process. You must bring creativity to the role leading the site team with energy and flair whilst managing complex projects including R&D to ensure innovation concept is brought to fruition. The role will lead regular updates with the Global Plant-Based Leadership Team and work closely with a number of internal departments and stakeholders ensuring projects are aligned with path times and budgets.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:-
- Significant senior R&D / NPD leadership experience within a large food manufacturing business
- Must have concept and process experience with a strong food scientific and sensory background
- 1st Class project management skills with the ability to create and execute longer term R&D projects
- Effective people leader with ability to create a high-performance mid-set within the team
- Chilled / Frozen Plant-Based food background is preferrable
- Significant experience and knowledge of alternative proteins would also be beneficial
- Results orientated with excellent prioritisation skills
- Must be willing to relocate –the likelihood is… you probably don’t live near to this location!
- Degree in Food Science / similar
This really is a great opportunity for someone to come in and shape the agenda for the UK and Global Plant-Based business. Plant-Based experience is preferred although candidates with general food experience within a large food manufacturing organisation will also be considered.