Who We Are:
How would You like to work for one of the Top 10 Brands in the UK?
YouGov BrandIndex’s top UK brands in 2019! Yorkshire Tea is described by fans as:
“Good quality, Well made, Cream of the crop, Awesome and Respected.”
We’re a unique Yorkshire family business and are one of the country’s most respected tea and coffee merchants. Taylors blends Yorkshire Tea as well as Taylors coffee, both market leaders their respective categories.
This continuing growth has enabled us to strengthen our senior marketing & sales teams with incremental external talent from a variety of blue chip branded organisations. The Group is heavily values driven with high levels of staff engagement and retention which means we are fortunate to have a large number of long serving employees. Our business is guided by a set of principles which we call:
The Six Ps – Prosperity, People, Planet, Product, Passion and Process. Quite simply these principles underpin everything we do.
Successful & Sustainable growth means that we are now seeking to appoint a Consumer Insight Manager
Are you ready to be part of the story?
The Consumer Insight Manager will lead and enable consumer closeness and curiosity; understanding and bringing the consumer to life in an impactful way. They will provide the business with quality actionable consumer insight and foresight. The successful candidate must be able to develop effective and meaningful relationships with key stakeholder, making appropriate recommendations on actions to help attract and retain our target consumers, through pulling the levers of the marketing mix. They will also lead the management and maintenance of all consumer insight in a central and accessible hub.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Champions consumer closeness and curiosity and brings the consumer to life in an impactful and accessible way.
- Leads the creation of Consumer Insight briefs using existing research and various other quality ad-hoc research, insight and foresight to help the business better understand the target consumer, both in the UK and Internationally.
- Actively engaged in industry research and trends, anticipating future customer or market needs.
- Proactively shares powerful actionable consumer understanding with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for recommending, organising, conducting and facilitating appropriate research (new, existing, sources of data) to meet marketing (including NPD) objectives.
- Delivers insightful consumer projects and influence insight to action.
- Responsible for analysing and synthesising qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary research and data, to develop a deep understanding of consumer motivations, attitudes and behaviours that will help us attract and retail our target consumer. This will include trends analysis, social listening, consumer feedback, focus groups, surveys, Individual Interviews, Ethnographic & Behavioural studies etc.
- Leads the creation and management of an accessible central hub for consumer insight that is collated, synthesised and organised, enabling effective decision making to grow our business in line with our Values and KPIs.
- Collaborates with the Innovation Team on the co-ordination of qualitative concept testing methods as part of the Innovation process.
- Collaborates with R&D and Category insight leads to combine sensory, technical & category insight into the front-end process.
- Continually builds and develops the existing portfolio of data & research providers to ensure we get access to the most appropriate insight and the optimum service level with the best ROI.
New people joining us comment on the feel of the place, the warmth of the welcome, and the care that we take to ensure that they are able to understand and embrace our culture. We value our people, and the personal skills, experience and qualities that they bring. Indeed history has shown us that you’re career development could come from continuing in the exciting field Consumer Insight or moving across to other areas within the business.
This is one of the key reasons people tend to stay with us for a long time. We believe in developing people as individuals and we provide learning and personal development opportunities for the collaborative and peer-based working that is becoming a signature of our workplace culture.
The successful candidate will be educated to a bachelor’s degree with a vast experience of in Consumer Insight preferably within FMCG. You will be expert in understanding research initiatives, insight tools and proven and innovative research methods. You will also have demonstrated extensive experience in creative research, advanced analyses, and fact-based discussions to strengthen country, channel and brands strategies and plans. Strong verbal and written communications are must. Finally you must be a true leader with a high level of emotional intelligence & integrity; as the business is not simply about "getting the job done"', but also "how" you do this and the impact you have on others around you.
Please Note: We have chosen to work exclusively with PT Executive; therefore we kindly ask that other recruiters respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.