A rare opportunity is being recruited by this No.1 brand in category who are at the forefront of the UK Grocery retail channel and continue to lead the way in innovation and revenue growth. The company has a joyful and infectious culture and has worked hard throughout the pandemic to keep that in tact ensuring they remain stable as a business and it's workforce whilst continuing to grow.
Category Manager – Top4 Grocery
£40,000 + 12% Bonus
Berkshire based – must be open & flexible
Reporting into the Head of Category, this Category Manager position will take the lead with a Top4 Grocery customer and work with some Online retailers whilst supporting the commercial team delivering category-based stories with other retailers within the High Street & Convenience channel. Working with market data, you will present compelling stories to the customer and the wider internal team whilst having the influential skills to deal with possible objections both from internally or the customer.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:-
- Category Management or Space/Category Planning experience working within a branded FMCG or Food Retailer
- Ability to identify gaps in category and understand how to use insights and convert into development by delivery strong recommendations
- Working knowledge of IRI data with experience of Dunnhumby, Kantar, Nielsen being advantageous
- Excellent presentation skills and an accurate eye for detail
- Solid commercial acumen with the ability to influence through using category data
- Good project management skills
- Must be located within a radius of Berks/Bucks/Oxford region
- Degree educated preferred
This role would suit an experienced Category Exec / Junior CatMan or someone with Space/Category Planning experience within a food retailer.