Field Sales – Eyecare
£25k + £5k car allowance + 50% on target performance bonus + additional uncapped commission on referrals.
Here’s a field sales role with a difference – we want you to engage with GPs and opticians to build a referral base of patients for our brand new eyecare clinic in Newcastle.
You can earn excellent rewards if you’re a great relationship builder who is passionate about healthcare. We also offer real career prospects within our growing national company.
Join the newest team at the number 1 eye care specialist
We are Optegra, the UK’s number one ranked provider of eye care services to private and NHS clients – we are specialists in improving vision through cataract treatments and laser eye surgery.
We have already helped over 1.3 million patients at our nine dedicated eye hospitals and clinics in the UK. Now, as part our continued expansion, we are creating a brand-new clinic and team in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Here is your chance to be part of it.
What the role involves
Some clients come to Optegra directly. Many, however, are referrals from healthcare services such as local GPs and high street opticians. Internally we call this role 'Service Promotion Executive', because you will be promoting us to these referral partners: our cataract services, our patient benefits, our referral pathways and our 5 star hospitals.
In this field-based role, you will be the first point of contact, and relationship manager, for both existing and prospective referrers – with the autonomy to grow your own referral base by building strong and robust customer relationships.
As well as visiting GP practices and referral management centres, you will promote and assist in co-ordinating our hospital optometrist events. You will also work closely in partnership with your allocated hospital for undertaking client procedures. The goal is to keep building client numbers and improving more lives.
Why join us?
• Join a brand-new team in a highly respected company (check out our TrustPilot reviews).
• Earn excellent rewards: a base salary of £25k + £5k car allowance + 50% on target performance bonus + additional uncapped commission on referrals.
• Benefits include: 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), generous company pension scheme, private health insurance.
• You will have the freedom to manage your own time, diary and routes in the field – with some home working and visits to the Newcastle clinic required.
• You are never just a number on a spreadsheet at Optegra. All of our people are visible in the company and given the opportunity to grow with us. A number of our Regional Area Managers started off in sales positions.
• This role will suit you if you are proactive, you enjoy meeting new people, and you will be confident working with doctors, opticians and senior members of the eye care community.
• Demonstrable sales experience is a must. You do not need specific experience in eyecare (although it would be very useful, of course). Membership sales and insurance are good examples of transferable experience, but we are open to many backgrounds.
• You need excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and the skills to manage own workload.
• You’ll need a full driving license with your own car, and proficiency in using MS Office.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch for an information pack by clicking the APPLY NOW button. Please take a closer look at our history and vision by clicking the following link: Optegra story - Optegra
See the Difference. Make a Difference.
Optegra Eye Healthcare is an inclusive business where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all, working together as a supportive team, respecting the uniqueness and diversity of every individual we