As one of the UK's fastest growing Branded Food Businesses, our client has an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. They have an impressive track record of growth and and Pioneering Product/Brand Innovation. Their strategic goal is to succeed in the “elusive tightrope” of driving both Volume and Value within their core offering that will see their market growth increase considerably. As a result, the “key” differentiators are the respective “People/Executives” in the Business; and this is where you could make the difference.
This is a Fixed Term Contract- Maternity Cover Role
As the National Account Manager you will lead and develop National Customers across the following channels within the Foodservice Public Sector Market-
- Local Education Authorities & Education Academies (including TUCO)
- NHS & Affiliated Public Sector Organisations
- Leading Contract Caterers
You will also act as the Business Lead in an effort to take the channles and customers to new levels of growth performance. Having close involvement with menu management and customer awareness strategies, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
- Managing and growing Current Customers.
- Winning New Business.
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines.
- Deliver price increases.
- Ensure that activity supports central brand/product direction where applicable
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
Whilst you will be fully supported by the Sales Director to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Category initiatives requirements and also a real “tough trading” environment where strength of character is key. The Business offers successful employees a clear structured career path which they can follow across the several divisions they operate.
The ideal candidate will have gained strong experience in Retailer Brand or Branded Foodservice National Accounts within the Public Sector Channel, additionally the client is also willing to consider dynamic Junior candidates currently working directly at the Jnr NAM level. Financial Acumen and Strong Negotiations skills are a must, as this role will test the toughest of characters.