Higgidy are purveyors of some of the finest pies, quiches and sausage rolls around (even if we do say so ourselves!).
From our humble roots as a small family business founded by husband, wife and their best friend (who are all still in the business today) we’ve grown steadily over the last twelve years and now boast a team of 330 permanent staff at our offices here in West Sussex.
We are now looking for someone to join our business as a Senior Commercial Manager to take the lead on some of our largest Grocery retail customers. It is an exciting time here at Higgidy and this key role will be responsible for helping us shape and deliver our impressive growth plans.
A bit about the role:
· Account management – manage and develop our relationship with one or more of our key customers. You’ll have full P&L responsibility for one or more of the “Big 6” grocery retailers, as well as seeking and cultivating new business opportunities.
· Forecasting – generate and own the commercial forecast for your customers. You’ll work with the commercial, product and operations teams to ensure demand aligns with supply.
· Customer insight – hone a deep knowledge of your customers’ and their markets. You’ll use this to guide your customer plans, and also present back to Higgidy to guide our strategy.
· Commercial strategy – help develop and implement our commercial plans, ensuring your customers have the right range, promotions and marketing to maximise profitable growth
· Analysis – dig into the data to guide and support decision making. You’ll work with Excel and various data sources to measure performance and generate insight.
A bit about you:
At the heart of our business are our people. We are a tight-knit bunch and we love working collaboratively to deliver our long-term ambitions.
On the commercial side, you will have brilliant experience working closely with Grocery customers to deliver growth. You will be able to demonstrate going above the norm to execute initiatives that really add value to your customers and ultimately, your end consumers.
It’s not all about the numbers though. It is important to us that you exude our values and be great to work with. You will be BRAVE, KIND, and SMART.
If you think some of the following describes you and you have the prerequisite experience in the UK Grocery market then we want to hear from you.
· a passionate, proactive, confident salesperson with proven influencing skills.
· smart, with strong analytical skills and the capability to present recommendations concisely.
· great at generating and building commercial relationships at all levels of business. Working collaboratively with your customers is part of your DNA.
· You will be a joy to work with and will go above and beyond for both your customers and colleagues.
· You will relish taking responsibility and be passionate about working in a small, fast-growth business environment.
· You love challenges – you can spot opportunities and solutions from every problem.
· You will be commercially astute with a great head for figures.
· You do what you say. Committed to the cause and understand how you impact the wider business ambitions.
· You embrace change, are curious, and always looking to learn and improve.
In return, we can offer you hybrid working with some travel to the office, competitive online benefits programme via our Higgidy Hub, access to our Bupa Employee Assistant Programme, free on shift refreshments and access to Wi-Fi, as well as a generous annual leave allowance which increases with every years’ service.