Accountable for delivery of annual turnover and profit targets in conjunction with the Board.
- Working to the Company’s sales strategy within the Group
- Delivering the Company’s annual sales & profit budget.
- Working closely day-to-day with the Senior Leadership team to align business performance.
- Senior-level customer relationships, Confectionary Wholesale, Grocery retail, Discounters Artisan Retail and High Street.
- Leadership of Company-wide initiatives and flexibility across the group
- Working to targets on each customer including trading terms, product portfolio and business plans with regards to sales from both GBCG sites
- Follow up, identify variations from budgets, and undertake corrective actions, in order to ensure that agreed business targets are met
- Support the team to identify needs for marketing and promotion campaigns of products in the various customers. (Joint Business planning in senior accounts)
- Work closely with Sales, Operations and Finance Team to ensure effective S&OP process (forecasting)
- Approve and manage credit terms and risks. Optimize payment flow from customers with regards to stock and payment terms, by guiding documents
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
This is an exciting role with plenty of autonomy and an opportunity to make a real impact in a fast-paced environment.
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Alignment with our core values.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work and communicate confidently and collaboratively with customers, suppliers and especially colleagues.
- An enterprise mindset that adds value to the wider business beyond the Sales function – a true team player who gets on with most people.
- Experience across a broad range of trade channels including confectionery wholesale, multiples, discounters, artisan and high street
- A proven track record delivering results ahead of expectations – balancing a customer-centric approach and a hunger to win new business, with the attention to detail needed to manage a wide portfolio of customers and brands.
- Strategic thinking to help shape the development of the business – coupled with tactical thinking and commercial acumen to execute the strategy.
- Creative thinking to solve problems, bring new ideas and ways of working.
- Excellent organisational skills, being able to work on multiple projects at the same time, manage time effectively, and meet deadlines – able to switch from being on the detail to in the detail when required.
- Competent MS Office and other IT skills.
- A positive “can-do” attitude, and a desire to be part of a successful team.
Additional attributes of benefit:
- Experience working in Private/SME.
- Mix of home / multisite office working
- UK wide travel and occasional nights away from home
- Experience working on customer contracts / T&Cs – able to critique, amend and resolve.
- A good understanding of License brands
Applications will be managed by Bristows of Devon's sister company, Vital Pet Group in the first instance.