Our client is a multi-brand distributor across a number of leading brands within the toy and nursery industry. One of the world's largest manufacturers of toys made from renewable raw materials and our products have the strictest international quality and safety standards. Behind the innovative design and meticulous quality is the even more pronounced ethos of Love, Play, Learn.
Besides wooden toys, they offer construction toys, sand toys, arts & crafts, puzzles, stationery, and an entire range of nursery accessories & baby products. The portfolio is constantly expanding to offer our customers the widest possible and well-chosen assortment.
Their mission is threefold - to shape the future of the business within the children’s market, to make their brands even better known and established and to reinvent ourselves with proactivity to drive sales, marketing, and our business forward.
The National Account Manager role is vital to the expansion and development of new business and growth within existing national accounts.
Situated in the Harborough district of Leicestershire. Their dedicated UK office and brand-new showroom have been paramount to the growth and evolution of the company.
The sky really is the limit with the new and exciting brands that we are bringing to the market and as such, this role comes with huge development opportunities for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Head of Sales the key criteria for the role are: -
Key Job Functions
- Maintain and grow our retail partners and to maximise sales and marketing opportunities within these accounts.
- Drive the points of distribution across the UK retail landscape.
- Identify and prioritise new business accounts in line with customer strategy.
- Management of P&L and margin strategy for your accounts.
- Provide structured joint business plans for top tier accounts that will stimulate growth and brand exposure.
- Negotiate and manage trading terms across retail base. Ensuring the focus is always on active support that aides sell through.
- Ensure that all trading information is maintained up to date on the company databases.
- To produce weekly sales updates for forecasting and budgeting purposes.
- Close liaison with customer services and accounts teams on order book management and credit risks.
- To participate in marketing activities as required such as product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions, etc.
- Attend and actively participate in sales and marketing meetings.
- Work within a wider team to support the other departments in sector driven activities.
- Maintain excellent product knowledge on the whole product range.
- To maintain a good awareness of market and competitor activities and report as necessary.
- You will be an enthusiastic, dynamic and hands-on person who is comfortable working in a very small team environment.
- You will be used to working for a business which operates at a fast pace but with structure and attention to detail.
- This role will require UK & foreign travel as well as attending all necessary trade shows, some of which may be overseas.
- You will have experience of selling premium quality branded items in markets such as toys, nursery, publishing, apparel.
- You will be experienced in operating at Key Account or National Account Manager level.
- You will be comfortable with taking on a role which requires a lot of new business development as well as nurturing existing business.
- Ideally you will be located within an hour commute of Leicestershire to allow access to the office at least 2-3 days per week.
- You will have strong skills in numeracy, communication (both written and verbal) and have excellent analytical and IT skills.
- You will be happy to take direction from the Head of Sales but also be able to work autonomously without too much hand holding.
- Last but by no means least - you will bring energy, drive and a good sense of humour.