Our client is a fast growing export distributor and wholesaler of British food and drink brands to international markets. They supply a portfolio of over 15,000 products to international retailers, importers and distributors. They have built an extensive product range from iconic British brands to upcoming health brands. They have also launched a number of exciting house brands as unique offerings to international business customers.
This will be a key role within the company which gives exposure and involvement to all areas of the business. Although the team is small, they deliver big results and promote a company culture where employees support each other in all areas.
This hands-on role would suit an ambitious candidate who is keen to take on extra responsibility, and eager to make a difference in the company. In return they are offering a competitive package, Laptop, and 32 days holiday including bank holidays.
This position will be office based in Wokingham, Berkshire and is a full-time permanent role.
Key responsibilities of the Role:
- Manage the international supply chain, from receipt of order through to International shipment.
- work closely with the sales team to ensure that they deliver the highest possible level of service when supplying customers
- Manage commercial and operational relationship with Brand Owners and suppliers, attend and present at meetings, provide forecasts, manage technical information requirements, and develop growth plans.
- Manage logistics partners to build long term relationship and commercial results.
- Improve the cost of goods and reduce the operating cost
- Ensure that customers and the sales team are kept informed of order progress and of any changes to delivery schedules
The Idea candidate:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in operations/supply chain is essential, ideally gained within FMCG sectors
- Experience in dealing with business suppliers
- Will be commercially astute, with proven negotiation skills, and experience in a customer/supplier facing role.
- Experience in International freight/shipment would be ideal
- Be highly organised with an ability to manage their time and prioritise effectively
- Very high attention to detail and hands on
- Good command of the English language both verbally and written
- Be comfortable working in small team
- International cultural awareness
- Ability to work within a FAST paced business environment with a "can-do" attitude.
- Good knowledge of Excel