Are you a seasoned sales professional with extensive experience of solution selling, and networks within major UK Grocers, who is open to exploring a high potential, high reward, career defining opportunity?
Currently working with 250+ retailers worldwide across 60 markets and generating revenues of circa €460 million, it has never been a more exciting time for a Business Development Director to make an impact within the UK region and global sales team as we look to grow the business over the next 3 years and double it over the next decade.
About the Role
Reporting directly into the Head of Country, this is an autonomous sales role, supporting the business plan in delivering both a sales uplift for the region with a focus on long term brand growth. The role will have accountability to create and implement a client plan for the UK & Ireland to map and realise the growth potential of tier 1 retail grocery accounts.
tcc specialises in loyalty solutions that offer shoppers relevant, meaningful rewards to strengthen relationships resulting in short term sales impact & long-term brand benefit for our retail partners. And, as we celebrate our 30th year, we are proud to reflect on our history of consistently leading the market with unique and innovative solutions while also focussing on what's next for loyalty.
Pivotal in developing, maintaining and growing direct relationships with major retail customers, selling the concept and value proposition, you'll contribute by:
- Targeting new grocery retailers in the UK & Ireland to grow business
- Developing new and creative sales strategies, marketing campaigns and solutions to grow presence in existing channels
- Targeting new clients to grow the business, identify future business opportunities (clients/channels) and build relationships with the decision makers within the client organisations
- Bringing retailers through the full sales cycle from prospecting to presentation, proposal and contract closing; taking responsibility for profit and loss of campaigns sold.
This is a varied and challenging senior sales role, offering exposure across a portfolio of global grocery and retail brands, where you will really be able to drive and maximise the growth potential within the region. You will be able to collaborate and develop within local and global teams who are designing solutions for our clients so that they can reach, reward and retain their loyalty customers across the digital and physical shopper journey.
A seasoned sales professional (circa 10+ years) and proven business developer having operated successfully at C-suite level, in order to gain interest with existing and prospective clients. Whilst the accountability for sales lies with yourself and the regional team, it's a given that you'll be highly skilled in consultative selling, having sold concepts rather than products to retailers. Together with:
- Existing retailer relationships and networks that you can utilise
- Sales experience preferably gained in industries such as; digital media, marketing technology, fintech, loyalty marketing and marketing services or advertising and promotion retail
- Competitive and business development mindset - consistent track record of success in achieving/exceeding revenue targets
- High emotional intelligence and excellent communication ability, both verbally and written English; a strong presenter and able to pitch at the highest level
- Creativity to identify appropriate marketing solutions and create compelling client proposals
- Very strong analytical skills; someone who can interpret facts and data quickly, understand new concepts and can cut through the detail to communicate them clearly and concisely to a senior management audience.
About Our Culture & Benefits
Our culture is professional, entrepreneurial and focused around our people. At the heart of our business are our core values, which we regard as fundamental to our way of working. We encourage, Respect, Truth, Collaboration and Care, and to that end 5% of our profits are donated to the tcc foundation, aiming to give children "brighter beginnings" around the world and in the communities in which we operate.
Some of our employee benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health Care
- Eye Care Vouchers & Annual Flu Jab Vaccination