We are recruiting a Commercial Manager.
(Head of Purchasing and Category Management)
This is an exciting time to join our successful and developing business. Your new role will require you to manage the development and deployment of a “categories strategy”, to drive sales and brand awareness and to provide an industry leading customer experience. Working closely with our suppliers, you will ensure every aspect of range management, pricing, profitability, product performance and product quality is refined to take us to the next level. It is also the chance to build on your skills to progress. You will be responsible for developing the team’s processes as well as implementing them, so drive and ambition to do the right things to a high standard are essential.
- Significant experience managing a buying team in a category-based environment.
• Build and operate a category management approach based Commercial function.
• Work with our sales team to develop category ranges to deliver growth whilst aligning with the category strategy.
• Define the best approach to promote ranges to customers, online and via other sales media
• Manage pricing strategy.
• Engage suppliers to deliver category driving initiatives.
• Manage category trading plans & promo campaigns.
• Prepare and deliver NPI and CPD product training programmes.
• Provide category insight at senior management level to influence current and future direction.
• Proactively manage strategic category partnerships.
• Work with the Inventory Planning team developing the S&OP process for traded goods.
• Mentor commercial team members.
- Experience of category management in an environment supplying to online retailers would be advantageous.
Although product knowledge across the agricultural, equine and pet products categories would be ideal, it is not essential.
We may consider candidates who have gained excellent functional category management experience in other sectors such as FMCG. This is a new role in the business and will involve combining some existing activities and approaches in a new structure with your ideas and market leading approach. You will have excellent communication and negotiation skills, numeracy, and PC skills, to include all office applications.
This is a senior role. A base salary of £40,000 to £50,000 depending on skills and experience, plus bonus and other benefits.
The role is open to “hybrid” working. Candidates must be able to attend our Head Office in, Wesham North West England a minimum of 1 day per week.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply to Careers@Trilanco.com with your cover letter and CV .