Join the world of PepsiCo Sales, where you will work hand in hand with your customers to grow their business and make a real impact. Your innovation, problem solving and entrepreneurial spirit will be utilised to the fullest; where in this fast paced and ever changing environment, we can go from idea to implementation in a matter of days.
You will be inspired by the drive of your team and feel a true sense of connection and camaraderie with your colleagues, who are proud to work in impulse; "I'm proud of just how agile and resilient we are as a team. These last few months have really reflected our ability to be malleable, and we've used our wide breadth of customer base to our advantage" AFH team member.
Reports to: Director, Traditional Trade
Direct reports: 4 (total team of 14)
Based at our Head Office in Reading (with lots of flexible working), we're recruiting for an ambitious Wholesale Controller as part of our UK Impulse team. The role leads the profitable development of the PepsiCo UK business (Walkers, Tropicana and Quaker) across the wholesale customer base, covering buying groups, wholesalers, exporters and IVOs (Independent Van Operators), through an account team of 14.
Wholesale is a large and strategically important part of the business within PepsiCo, which in turns serves a huge array of customers. The role is therefore ideal to gain experience owning a broad agenda, leading a large team. It is also a great springboard to move into other leadership roles within Impulse or in Grocery.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, execute and deliver the wholesale channel Annual Operating Plan
- Lead and support a large team
- Effective management, through the team, of Sales Promotions, Terms and promotional efficiency
- Manage the mix of PepsiCo products sold through the channel specifically developing strategies and tactics to drive high revenue/ impulse packs and products as part of this mix.
- Deliver in-store execution standards of distribution, display and promotion.
- Develop key customer relationships at a senior level (Trading Director).
- Set and communicate a clear vision and objectives to a diverse sales team
- Develop team via coaching, feedback and formal training
- Engage trade press and media stakeholders
- Member of the Impulse Leadership team
What we're looking for
- Team leadership - Talent development & empowerment
- Commercial acumen - Can competently navigate the P&L
- Significant sales/execution functional experience
- Skilled negotiator - Can lead or coach at a tactical and strategic level
- Drive for results - Setting direction/focus and overcoming barriers
- Influencing & networking skills -Ability to influence agenda at a senior level (internally and externally)
- Taking others with you - Collaboration internally across multiple functions
- Ability to operate strategically and operationally (long and short term planning)
Salary & Benefits:
We'll offer a competitive salary, bonus, car allowance, flexible working, competitive pension and many further benefits.
We pride ourselves on our superb work force. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of executive team having been promoted organically, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning. Career progression is incredibly important to us and we provide great opportunities to grow a long term career.