Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
A great opportunity for a Manufacturing Manager has arisen at our Bradford site. This role will involve being a member of the site Senior Leadership Team. You will be required to effectively lead the Supply Chain and Engineering teams to ensure the efficient and effective production of Safe and Legal food.
Working with our team as our Manufacturing Manager, some of the key accountabilities include;
- To manage, develop and lead the Supply Chain (including incoming materials) & Engineering
- Ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision for the site teams and engage with all colleagues
- Develop a robust materials procurement process to deliver a JIT solution for all elements of the bill of materials
- Creates and delivers the production strategy and area plan and uses their team to ensure continuous improvement activity is in place to drive year on year improvements
- Develop an efficient and effective production and effective engineering support in line with the site plan and key business performance indicators
- Participate in and lead capital projects at all stages including identification of CAPEX opportunities
- Accountable for Hovis quality programmes into the Manufacturing environment
- Drive the utilisation and development of the IDHammer CMMS system
- Day to day responsibilities of raw materials, production planning and end to end manufacturing process
- Development of production, maintenance and supply chain budgets and manage the budgets and team resources to deliver an effective service
- To lead product quality delivery for the site in line with the product improvement strategy
- To ensure the site complies with the company and legal standards (safety, hygiene, environment, security and procurement)
The ideal candidate will ensure quality requirements are adhered to and will develop a quality culture throughout the manufacturing site by actively facilitating continuous improvement. Ideally you will have experience within the Baking industry with past experience of Engineering. They will also be able to focus individuals on specific tasks and behaviours, by bringing a positive, encouraging and consistent behaviour and are able to create a compelling story for the future as well as role model the Hovis Leadership Standards.
Ideal Experiences / Qualifications / Capabilities:
- Experience of working in management at an FMCG manufacturing business
- Experience within Engineering
- Experience of managing a multi discipline FMCG Manufacturing Site
- Knowledge of legislation governing Food Compliance, Employment, Health and Safety and other related topics
- Inspirational Leader
- Champion of engagement through leading and coaching
- Ability to support and liaise with all SLT roles
- Must have excellent budgetary control experience, be able to work within the constraints of the business and create realistic improvements
- Ability to switch easily between focusing on the long term and resolving issues that need action today
- Considers the whole site when planning and coordinating use of resources to achieve long term goals and has experience of managing large scale Change programmes
- Food technology degree
- Bakery Industry experience
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Why work for us and our benefits:
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
- There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
- Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
- We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
- We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
- We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.