As a leading International Food Businesses our client has realised their strategic goals by growing through both strong organic development combined with rapid and strong entry into new categories and channels. One of the keys to growth has been their ability to drive a Growth agenda across their Marketing Functions; and in doing so establish Best in Class Marketing Strategies within Country.
Within the UK they continue to commit strong levels of investment into both Marketing and NPD to ensure they are at the forefront of market developments & consumer trends. Operating across multiple channels, from Core Grocery through to C&I and OOH their offering is both sophisticated and premium in nature and subsequently has become a real product of choice for many discerning consumers. Their products are simply fabulous to eat and will always leave you wanting that bit more, meaning repeat purchase levels are some of the best to be found in the market.
To spearhead this journey further, they are now seeking to appoint a “Interim Head of Marketing” to join their Senior Leadership Team on a 6 Month Strategic Project.
Reporting to the Group Marketing Director, the interim role lead the direction and strategy of developing challenger brands within 2 core categories.
The core drivers of the role will be:
- 40% “Strategic Marketing Direction” of the UK Business from a Brand & Product Portfolio perspective.
- 20% Forming a “Joint Innovation Development Plan” working at close quarters with the Head of NPD to ensure that the business is ahead of the curve across “Food Trends” & “Consumer Engagement”.
- 40% “Rolling Your Sleeves Up!”- Yes, you will also have to get stuck in and lead from the front. There is no Marketing Ivory Tower close by.
This will see you cover:
- Product innovation strategy. A key element of the role will be driving the product innovation strategy alongside the Head of NPD to ensure they are are developing and launching products which are both aligned to their brands and driving incremental growth.
- Leading brand communications Through the Line.
- Packaging strategy development. Their products have “Fab & Funky” packaging to exciting and engage the Shopper. But they are also wholly committed to sustainability, so packaging is always done in the right way.
- Developing consumer insights and building long-term brand and category strategies.
- Implementing annual marketing plans.
- Managing the Shopper & Category Insights innovation funnel, business case. development and managing NPD progress from concept to market.
- Overseeing creative brief, production, and channel selection for all communications.
- Managing the overall budget to ensure ROI.
You will be an inspiring marketing consultant/leader who can galvanise cross-functional stakeholders to achieve collective goals. You must be able to create that Vision others will want to follow. Candidate must have:
- Proven experience bringing new products to market.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to make recommendations.
- Ability to think strategically and translate this thinking into measurable actions.
- Significant brand marketing and strategic expertise and ideally with experience. working across multiple markets / regions.
- Experience working closely with a sales team to reach targets.
- Significant experience in retail and destination marketing.
- Highly creative and ambitious.
- Experience in leading the delivery of consumer insight into a business.