Are you a vibrant NAM or a brilliant buyer that’s looking for the next step in their career? Then this job could be for you….
Love Food Business are a young, dynamic company who work with international food manufacturers to get their products listed in UK retailers. Our speciality is in discount retail and the convenience sector. We have secured listings in some of the UKs leading retailers and are looking for a commercial manager to push the business to the next level. You will be working autonomously for the majority of the time, so being a self-starter is key.
You will be:
- An entrepreneurial thinker
- Commercially savvy
- A skilled negotiator
- Engaging and charismatic
- A strong problem solver
- Calm under pressure
- An understanding of the UK discount and convenience wholesale market
- Good base knowledge of FMCG
- Honest, with a good dose of integrity
- Able to shine autonomously
- Bloody good fun
So, buying and sales experience is important. You’ll need real commercial nous, an eagle eye for detail, and the kind of personality that can shrug off the knocks. You’ll need the gravitas (and the humour) to present to top level buyers and suppliers, so that they trust you to get them the best deals.
You’ll own your relationships, checking in with them regularly, making it your mission to understand them and their business inside out, to ensure we understand and deliver against their business needs. You will also need to nail the basics internally, so we can plan effectively for the growth.
Your days will be filled with:
- Hunting for new and exciting products
- Supplier meetings
- Retailer meetings
- Negotiating (cost price, sales price, over-riders, terms, etc.)
- Forecasting with retailers
- Managing product launches
- Managing existing products in the retailers
- Keeping a close eye on detail (margin, import tax rates, etc.)
- Working closely with logistics and admin
- Working on our CRM system, ZOHO
We are based in the lovely town of Shrewsbury where we share offices with our sister company. We hope that this is a handy location for you to travel to and from each day, but we can be flexible. We have daily Teams meetings to ensure everything is running smoothly.
So, what do you think? This job will be incredibly demanding but very, very rewarding. If you are up for a new challenge and ready to beam with pride seeing your products on shelves, then give us a shout.