In this role you will be responsible for the management of selected large independent customers and buying groups to ensure the correct alignment of strategy and implementation across the Independent channel. This is a field based role and the successful candidate will be expected to travel extensively throughout the UK & Ireland.
You will also have responsibility for the direction of our Independent sales team. Working with departmental colleagues and reporting to the M.D you will develop and deliver strategic growth plans for the UK and Irish independent channel.
- Taking personal responsibility for a number of larger Independent Customers and Buying Groups.
- Agreeing with Marketing the appropriate promotional programme for Independent customers and buying Groups.
- Developing, agreeing and implementing the Strategic, Sales, Promotional and Financial plans for the Independent Channel and monitoring and correcting performance where required in order to achieve goals.
- Attending all UK and International tradeshows where required.
- Involvement internally in appropriate meetings to develop account and channel product plans.
- Responsibility for the direction of the Independent Sales Team.
- Providing accurate and timely forecasts to the business for ongoing and seasonal Independent Sales.
- Maintaining and growing existing business in all sales areas and establishing targets for pioneering and opening new customers.
Our ideal Candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Worked as a National Account or Key Account Manager handling major UK customers and familiar with managing large buying groups and Head offices.
- Worked in a Sales Management role with responsibility for a Sales Team on a National or Regional basis.
- A strong communicator with the ability to build relationships both externally and internally.
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for working with teams and customers to develop long term business relationships and grow sales.
- Demonstrable honesty and integrity. Approachable, personable and a great ambassador for the Eddingtons’ business.
- Comfortable with the commitment necessary to satisfy the expectations and requirements of this demanding role.
- Diligent in following up with your team and your accounts on agreed activity and in making incremental improvements to grow the business over time.
- Understand you are the focal point for coordinating all activity between Eddingtons and your accounts but that you work as part of the wider company team.
- Strong data analysis skills. Able to spot trends and opportunities and develop fact based sales arguments to influence customers. Comfortable with spreadsheets, calculating margins and costs. Good working knowledge of powerpoint and other presentational software and comfortable with all IT requirements.
- Ideally have worked in either the Housewares or Gifting Industries in the last five years.