Do you have an appetite for more?
Join a leading global bakery group powered by ambitious people that are truly passionate about delivering the best in everything they do. We have an exciting new vacancy in our sales team, for Sales Manager. This is a home based role, but you should have access to attend our offices in Bagshot, Milton Keynes and Bedford when required.
With business in mind and people at heart we always work together to influence our road ahead. We want you to be part of our growth journey and of a great, global family.
This is what you will be doing
Reporting to the Sales Director, this is a leadership role where you will be managing a small team with responsibility for coaching, developing, supporting and motivating direct reports to ensure business targets are met.
In this role, in addition to managing the team, you will have direct account responsibility.
Your focus will be to build effective customer strategies and relationships with all designated accounts, to achieve and exceed budgeted sales and margin targets. Your key accountabilities will be:
- Developing, communicating and delivering medium & long term strategies & short term (1 year) business plans for designated accounts to achieve maximum sales and profit growth whilst ensuring customer strategies are achieved
- Establishing close business relationships with all key customer personnel in assigned accounts, ensuring the correct frequency of contact, so that Lantmännen Unibake in the UK is involved in all business development opportunities
- Negotiating commercial agreements
- Facilitating the interaction between customers' key personnel and relevant colleagues
- Working closely with all accounts to highlight NPD opportunities, develop products in conjunction with the product category strategy so that customer needs are met and sales targets are achieved
- Continually monitoring and analysing the relevant markets in order to become and remain aware of competitor activity
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports
You will be great at:
- Leading direct reports – guiding, managing and prioritising in alignment with the commercial and sales strategy
- Developing, implementing and evaluating cost effective promotional plans and marketing activities in conjunction with colleagues, to maximise profitable sales growth
- An inspirational and proven people manager with demonstrable skills in leading a team
- Highly commercial and motivated with a strong customer focus
- Driven and organised
- A self-starter and conducts oneself in line with our company values
- Strong commercial skills
- Experience in the food business, retail and FMCG
- A great track record of growth
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrable experience in sales strategy development
- Wide experience across retail and food service sectors
- Bakery experience (preferred)
In return we will offer you:
The opportunity to work with an inspiring, future led team within a company who value intrapreneurial spirit. People are our most important ingredient and we are proud of the fact that development of our people is important for the future of our business.
We will also offer you a competitive salary, along with attractive benefits.