UK Sales Manager must have experience of successfully managing and selling IT software solutions, through adopting a consultative approach, to medium sized organisations both within the public and private sectors.
Lead from the front and "hands on manager" the ideal candidate has worked in and has detailed knowledge of all areas of the sales process, from prospecting, account management, new business development through to sales management.Client Details
Our client was founded in 2004 with the aim of using innovative technology to deliver real transformation in their chosen sectors of Social Housing and the NHS.
Holding true to their founding principles, they are now the market-leading provider of websites, intranets, secure portals, and online digital solutions to these sectors. They are proud that they have built a reputation for providing creative solutions on scalable, future-proofed software, and providing first class on-going support.
In short, this client is an established and profitable software product and services company with an excellent reputation, which nevertheless preserves the entrepreneurial culture on which it was founded.
They are an innovative and market-leading digital transformation solutions organisation empowering the UK's public sector, founded to use innovative technologies to make a positive impact on people's lives. DescriptionMain Duties and Responsibilities
To respond to and capitalise upon the excellent reception being given to the company's specialist solutions for the public sector, the client has identified the need for an energetic, motivated and entrepreneurial UK Sales Manager to further build on this momentum and fully maximise the company's business development opportunities in this strategic sector and the broader general commercial market.
As a "hands on" Sales Manager you will take an active part in identifying new business opportunities for the team and supporting existing members of the Sales Team to move their deals through to successful outcomes. Responsibilities
ProfileSkills and CompetenciesRequired
- Reporting to the UK Head of Sales & Marketing, your main priority is to work with and motivate the team to deliver the sales targets
- Work closely with other functions within the business to support the delivery of the agreed sales targets
- Responsible for providing accurate and attainable sales forecasts to the UK Head of Sales & Marketing
- Responsible for the monitoring and management of the performance and development of the Sales Team
- Work with the team to progress strategic account plans and key stakeholder contact planning
- Work with the marketing function to prepare action plans by individuals as well as by pod for effective generation of sales leads and prospects.
- Conduct one-to-one meetings with individuals to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of sales and activity performance
- Provide timely feedback to UK Head of Sales & Marketing regarding performance, market dynamics, competitive landscape and other relevant market indicators
- Create and approve proposal presentations and tender responses
- Assist Sales in preparation of proposals and presentations
- 5+ years Sales Management experience within a technology company
- Experience of selling enterprise solutions into b2b
- Demonstrable experience in implementing strategy, setting goals and priorities and having successfully delivered against these
- Significant experience in sales and forecasting techniques, prospect tracking and conversion methods
- Sufficient technical knowledge/experience to help the Team position solutions
- Experience in enterprise solution-selling processes, tools, and methodologies (e.g. SPIN, MEDDIC)
- Smart and bright with a creative mind, articulate with excellent presentation and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Target-driven and results-focused, with a track record of delivering against objectives and new business development targets
- Ability to manage in complex/changing environments and work in semi-virtual teams
- Ability to deliver work on time to a consistently high standard
- Stable job track record
Job OfferWhat is offered:
- Experience of seliing into public sector highly advantageous
- Understanding of P&L and general business principles would be ideal
- Experience of marketing would be considered an advantage but not essential
- Competitive base salary & uncapped earnings potential
- Equity participation and other benefits you would expect from a company and role of this nature
- Generous Workplace pension scheme
- Generous Death in Service life cover
- True organic potential for career progression through company expansion