Retail Category & Promotions Manager
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: From £40,000 + excellent benefits package
Working Hours: 40
Closing Date: 11/07/2021
Location: No fixed location
From £40,000 + excellent benefits package
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
We are currently recruiting for a Retail Category and Promotions Manager to join our brand management team within our food platform. Where, you will be responsible for defining and delivering our RPG (FMCG) category plan pricing and promotional strategy, using shopper, retailer and customer insights, need states and market trends.
You will be passionate about fast moving consumer goods, with the energy and enthusiasm to drive growth and change. While being accountable for the end-to-end management of our retail packaged goods categories including, beverages, snacks, and confectionary.
This is a amazing opportunity to come on-board and join our team at an exciting time! As we adapt and explore new markets, opening up opportunities and further enhancing your skillset. If you are a confident communicator with rigorous category management skills and the ability to truly hit the ground running, we would love to hear from you.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the RPG (FMCG) category plan and annual promotional plan for key products across 7 segments in 2 regions
- Work in partnership with suppliers to develop and deliver plan to expand product categories and introduce newness
- Ensure Categories, Ranges and Planograms are fit for purpose and aligned to Internal Branded Services - developing planograms to maximise product placement
- Ensure integrity of our internal business management tools with regards to Sodexo’s brand portfolio systems and tools e.g. Hermes, Retail Ranger
- Evaluating and monitoring the brands in terms of financial and non-financial performances, to include client and guest satisfaction
- Responsible for price laddering & price banding recommendations to drive margin through F&B capture rate and SPH growth
- Clear approach and methodology around Retail Pricing, ensuring we understand optimum Value Pricing for all products sold
- Take ownership of, and be accountable for, the retail activation through the effective alignment to branded services
The Ideal Candidate
What we are looking for
- Degree in relevant qualification or equivalent
- Proven experience as category manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing principles, and understanding of data analysis
- Confidence to influence and communicate clearly with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Ability to think strategically whilst demonstrating a highly developed commercial acumen
- Experienced in managing supplier relationships to increase sales and profitability whilst driving sustainable growth
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and passionate about FMCG goods
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.