Global Brands is the leading independent drinks brand development business, which owns, markets, and distributes a broad portfolio of well known beverages across the on trade and off trade channels. Our broad range spans our award-winning Franklin & Sons premium soft drinks & craft mixer range, well loved brands such as VK, HOOCH, All Shook Up, Shake Baby Shake, premium spirits, and beer. We have the ambition to become the UK’s No.1 independent drinks company and our brands are also available in 68 countries worldwide. Our modern Head offices are contained within our own beautiful 4-star hotel CASA in Chesterfield.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Category Executive to join our data and insight team to drive category strategy and execution in the off-trade and for other larger national customers.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about drinks in all forms and can bring a wide range of skills and experience gained to date within the Off Trade category or customer marketing environment. As well as some experience working as part of a fast-paced and innovative team, you will also be commercially driven, focussed on driving our category strategy with key external business partners and internal stakeholders.
- To monitor drinks category activity;
- To work alongside the Senior Sales teams to build bespoke retailer tenders and presentations across the Off Trade including their fit with brand activations and, where applicable, with consideration to retailer activation;
- To work with your customer facing colleagues in providing content and ideas to support key trade customer activities and to support brand colleagues in bringing brands to life for those consumers;
- To ensure weekly data reports and quarterly data and insight decks lead to actionable “so what?” conclusions for sales and the wider marketing team;
- With the wider data and insight team, support the innovation process providing insight and input from retailer data and category data, to ensure we are ahead of trends;
- Where appropriate, to work with our customer marketing team to develop any retailer activations that are not delivered through third party media owners;
- To act as point of contact within the Marketing team for off trade retailers and with their third-party media and data owners;
- To plan, do and review and create case studies to allow wider department to take proactive approach to pitching new ideas and range review requirements.
To be considered for this role we would like to see the following experience and attributes:
- High performing individual with 2+ years of off trade category/customer marketing experience
- Highly numerate and strong commercial thinker with ability to present robust and compelling insight/direction
- Ability to understand and utilise category and commercial data to define and articulate key selling points for channel and customer plans
- Attention to detail, to make sure data and insight is used appropriately to tell accurate category stories (and to defend against competitor category story telling!)
- Possess strong project management skills and an ability to think both rapidly and ‘outside the box’
- Be passionate about our brands and the industry as a whole, with a hunger and drive to succeed.
Initial interviews will be undertaken via video software.
We proudly manage all our talent acquisition and staff development in house. No agencies please.