A highly innovative market – leading specialist bathroom product supplier to both major Merchants and independent Bathroom Showrooms throughout the UK and worldwide. The team of expert Engineer’s provide professional and highly efficient repairs, servicing and installations to customers and the experienced sales team provide a first – class on – site product training service.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, this role is responsible for the development of sales of the full product range within the Southeast of the U.K.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a first-class support service to the major Merchant customers through the provision of sales representation, product training, merchandising and progression of all sales leads. The role is also responsible for the development of branded showering products, both through the development of existing independent Bathroom Showrooms as well as the acquisition of new outlets.
Duties are varied and will include;
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships with allocated accounts as outlined by the business
- Carrying out formal/informal group and one-to-one training sessions, encompassing brand history, product training and sell up techniques
- In-store product merchandising, ensuring that all stocking agreements are being adhered to and, where appropriate branded Point of Sale material is utilised effectively
- Lead management; collating all relevant information and facilitating all contract leads and passing on all commercial product leads to the relevant specialist Sales Manager
- Maintaining sales activity records and reports via the use of CRM
- Reporting back on competitor activity such as product launches, pricing and promotional activity
- Participating in sales events where appropriate
- Maximising sales performance of designated accounts through the use of business intelligence such as sales & mix analysis
- Achieving monthly targets in relation to sales performance and sales calls
- Relaying company communications to the appropriate people and responding to requests for information in a timely manner
- Maintaining a journey plan that encompasses the specified number of average calls per day
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the sector, keeping up-to-date with market trends and developments by competitors
- Providing support to the National Sales Manager as required
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business in order to resolve issues & queries that may arise
In order to be considered for the position of Business Developer/Trainee Merchandiser, you must possess the following:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role; preferably within the bathroom/plumbing sector or comparable
- A proactive, personable, motivated and driven approach
- Business minded
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentational
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to self-manage own workload to tight deadlines, including balancing, planning and organising multiple tasks simultaneously
- Adaptable and flexible
- A good understanding of the P & H industry’s dynamics and requirements
- The ability to interact and cooperate with all points of contact, both internally & externally
- Based in/around the bottom of the M25 (Surrey/Kent)
The job holder will enjoy a negotiable basic salary plus an attractive and uncapped on target earning potential and a company vehicle.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.