Henson Recruitment are proud to be partnering Hain Celestial (Hain Daniels Group) – in the search for a first class Top 4 Grocery Category Manager who will work at a senior level. Their UK portfolio proudly demonstrates scale and strength in the UK Grocery sector, operating across multiple categories with household name brands such as Hartley’s, Linda McCartney, Sun Pat, New Covent Garden Soup and Yorkshire Provender to name a few. Reporting in to their Cambridge site 1 day p/wk (sometimes 2 days), this high-profile role will be working in the Sweets and Spreads Grocery division and will primarily lead the category partnership with Tesco and Sainsbury’s.
Category Manager – Tesco & JS
Homebased – Flexible hours. 40hrs per week.
£negotiable + Car allowance + Pension + Medical benefit
Reporting in to the Head of Category, this leadership role brings bags of opportunity to shape and drive both category and business strategy. You must have selling instinct and strong story-telling ability, creating concise and persuasive recommendations to both external and internal stakeholders. You will require a passion for using data and research to understand shopper/consumer behaviour in-store and at home, then using these insights to influence the business to do the right thing for the consumer and grow the category.
Hain Celestial have a passion for developing its people and regularly gives opportunity for progression and new experiences throughout our Group. This role would therefore suit an ambitious Top4 Grocery Category professional seeking a move to a new category / organisation where they can make a real impact.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:-
- Strong Category Management experience within the FMCG manufacturing industry
- Must have Top 4 Grocery retailer experience, preferably within a Branded FMCG environment
- Working knowledge of market data such as Kantar, Dunnhumby, SIP and IRI
- Strong commercial acumen with a solid P&L understanding
- Highly proficient user of Excel and PowerPoint to manipulate and present data
- Must be comfortable with 1 day in Cambridge p/wk with some expectations of 2 days some weeks
- Degree educated