Business Development Manager – Red Tractor Assurance
Fenchurch Street, London – circa one day a week in the office (or as necessary)
- Are you a passionate and talented National Accounts Manager / Business Development Manager?
- Are you target driven/results orientated with strong mental resilience and a determination to succeed?
- Do you have a proven track record of achievement within the Food sector?
If you are seeking a new challenge or the next step in your career, this could be the role that you have been looking for…
Red Tractor is the largest food chain assurance scheme in the UK and a proven world-leader.
The core purpose of Red Tractor is to reassure consumers over the safety and traceability of their food and drink and that it has been responsibly produced. Find out more about us and what we do at redtractor.org.uk.
75% of UK agriculture is produced to Red Tractor standards and around £14bn of British food and drink displays the iconic Red Tractor logo on-pack, which is now recognised by over three quarters of UK shoppers.
The Business Development Manager is a key stakeholder in driving Red Tractor’s credibility as the ‘Flagship for British Food and Farming’ and has direct responsibility for managing and developing the use of the Red Tractor logo across retail, out-of-home and branded channels, namely our ‘licensees’.
Reporting to our Head of Marketing & Commercial, Richard Cattell, and with the support of a Business Development Executive, you will develop, manage and strengthen licensee relationships, develop and implement strategic plans to grow the use of the logo and identify new business opportunities.
- Win the hearts and minds of our customers and licensees by developing robust and collaborative relationships based on world-leading standards.
- Develop & manage a network of senior commercial & marketing contacts across key food retailers and Red Tractor licensees.
- Utilise data from licensees, market and category intelligence to analyse and improve performance and inform future growth strategies.
- Continuously seek new licensee opportunities from targeted sectors and categories.
- Be the commercial lead for the annual Red Tractor licensing renewal process and associated licensing income targets.
- Work closely with the Brand Manager to develop effective Marketing & Promotional plans to support customers and licensees.
- Manage & develop 1 Direct Report (Business Development Executive).
- Demonstrable track record of achievement working with major national accounts – ideally gained within the Retail & Out-of-Home sectors.
- Significant sales experience in branded and own label food products.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal) – able to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with internal and external customers.
- Financially numerate with proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Good commercial awareness and acumen.
- Capable of interpreting and delivering on business objectives.
- Capable of developing and demonstrating in-depth knowledge of products and services.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Full Driver’s license and happy to conduct regular customer visits.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a remuneration package that includes a basic salary of up to £60,000 (dependent on skills and experience) plus laptop, phone, contributory pension (up to 10%) and life insurance.
This is a perfect time to take a key role in a growing organisation that is recognised and trusted by consumers and respected by UK and International food supply chains.
Red Tractor already has an impressive list of licensees, as well as being the foundation of most UK retailer’s British food buying specification but there is still the potential for exceptional future growth.
This role may be suitable for you if you have a proven track record as: Senior or National Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Head of Sales, BDM, NAM, or SNAM.
How to apply
Email your CV and covering letter to Richard Cattell at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 9 July closing date.
Please note that we are only accepting applications to this email address. Please, no agencies.