Position: EMEA Data & Analytics Director – Consumer Division
Reporting to the VP EMEA Consumer Division, the role is responsible for establishing a data vision, ecosystem, strategy, capabilities, and implementation roadmap as part of a digital-first and data-driven organisation. A strong emphasis on democratising online and offline data sources to accelerate opportunities to win with the consumer in a more omni-channel and experience-led approach across the EMEA Consumer business.
The EMEA Data & Analytics Director defines a data analytics strategic framework, resource plan, and implement to evolve the team and capabilities required to make critical consumer decisions driving commercial performance and growth.
The role has responsibilities in Leadership, management, engagement, and development of a team aligned with McCormick People programs.
- Build and evolve the Data and Analytics (D&A) strategy for the EMEA Consumer business, building a strong data foundation across 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party sources (offline and online), including eCommerce and DTC data with traditional retailer data,
- Develop EMEA D&A roadmap and ensure excellence in execution with close partnership across Commercial and Marketing leadership, including Country General Managers, eCommerce, General Manager, Digital & IMC Director and Marketing Leadership Team,
- Define capability requirements and assesses gaps to identify required investments in talent/FTE, assets, technologies, and learning to mature capabilities and value,
- Partner closely with the EMEA Digital marketing, E-Commerce, DTC to deliver team agenda, Marketing ROI, attribution analytics, consumer touch point analytics (inc Social media), content, audience, E-Commerce, DTC analytics,
- Works close partnership with CIO and team to identify and employ new techniques and technologies to aggregate, store, manipulate, analyse and visualize big data; Captures large, diverse data sets from multiple sources to build rich consumer insights for commercial application,
- Builds test-cases and pilots with key learning agenda and ability to drive scale for accelerated benefit with clear KPIs,
- Key business partner who provides critical analytics and data-foundation to cross-functional partners in marketing, commercial sales, category, Ecommerce, product development, and finance,
- Effective leadership of marketing data and analytics team members; strong organizational leadership and talent management across geographies, markets, and cultures.
- Master’s degree - concentration in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer & Information Sciences/Economics/Econometrics,
- Leadership and functional expertise in the field of data analytics,
- Experience building, advancing, and adapting data analytics capabilities based on organizational requirements and dynamic changes in consumer, customer, and market behaviour,
- Experience building a unified ecosystem of data and analytics,
- Experience building and/or managing agencies to build dashboards across multiple data sources to drive action and growth within business,
- Experience with dealing with big data and pulling actionable insights,
- Demonstrated strength and success in distilling relevant insights from complex, diverse data sources for commercial application,
- Familiarity with big data technologies (including big table, business intelligence, cassandra, cloud computing, data mart, data warehouse, distributed system, dynamo, extract, transform and load (ETL), Google file system, Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, Mashup, Metadata, Non-relational database, Relational database, semi-structured data, SQL, Stream processing, unstructured data, visualization),
- Broad business lens to include functional understanding of Sales, Supply Chain, and Finance,
- Working effectively with a diverse group of cross-functional stakeholders; effectively communicating across audiences and cultures,
- Proven team leadership and management, engagement, and development skills including performance management and succession planning,
- Familiarity with new technologies and techniques to aggregate, manipulate, analyse, and visualize big data,
- Broad-based exposure in data science, including statistics, computer science, applied mathematics and economics,
- Strategic and analytical thinking, communication and storytelling, team and relationship building skills,
- Understanding of online and offline data (including ability to drive strategies and plans to build 1st party data).
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brand..
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.