*2-3 days working from home per week*
We are currently managing an exciting opportunity with a global FMCG brand who pride themselves on putting their customers health and wellbeing at the top of their agenda. Their growing MS&P function are looking for an experienced Market Strategy & Planning Manager to join the team, with huge scope to progress to a head of/director role within the business.
The Market Strategy & Planning team is responsible for creating sustainable brand growth strategies, implementing them in the market and tracking their delivery. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to be the driving force behind commercial strategies that will enable the business unit to achieve its ambitious goals.
The business has an exciting and ambitious journey ahead of them, and as such looking for an individual who wants to step up and own their part to play. They are a team of go-getters, passionate about health and wellness, who are innately curious about their consumers and believe there are different and better ways of doing things.
They are open to individuals who has held a MS&P or Pricing and Promotions role previously, or those who come from a Commercial, Finance, Insight or Category management background and looking for a strategic/planning role.
In return, the FMCG brand offers a unique package of employee benefits that help you to be at your best, at work and at home - to show just how much they value you. This role will offer you the freedom to act and the tools to aim high.About the role
- You will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the financial growth strategy that delivers the commercial objectives of the brand, blending together customer priorities and business P&L.
- As the MS&P Manager, you will own the tracking and communication of internal P&L performance to the wider business whilst working closely with the sales team to support in developing the most effective customer brand strategy
- You will lead development, communication and implementation of pricing & promotional strategies for their portfolios whilst ensuring that promotions are evaluated and tracked over time, so performance metrics remain current
- You will be the leading knowledge of our competitors, maintaining intelligence on own & competitor promotional execution to inform future promotional activity.
- You will play a pivotal role in the Commercial Planning Process, building annual financial plans for their portfolio, building business cases for pricing, promotions, distribution changes and pack price architecture changes using internal and external data.
- You will have experience of working for a FMCG brand or business, or worked insight agency side collaborating with them
- You will have previously or currently be working in a commercial strategy role, or be an FMCG sales, category or finance professional
- You will possess a great ability to use shopper insight to shape strategy
- You can build and manage collaborative relationships across the business including commercial & brand managers
- You will have the ability to analyse data & propose commercial solutions
- You have strong networking skills and are comfortable interacting with senior stake holders
- Strong presentational skills, communicating clear and concise findings, recommendations and conclusions
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- High level of self-motivation and determination
- You will enjoy the challenge of commanding large and complex datasets, a proven capability of extracting relevant and accurate data from various sources and be able to model and present this in easy to follow and maintain formats
- Advanced Excel skills