PepsiCo are on the look-out for a Category Controller to join our Category and Insights team here in the UK. Although we don't have a live vacancy right now, we're actively seeking candidates who would be interested in such a role in the near future.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
Our Category and Insights team is a core part of our sales function, encompassing category management, shopper insight and sales strategy experts.The team work in partnership with our trading, brand and commercial functions to ensure our customers' and shoppers' needs are at the absolute heart of all our business planning. We really value the trusted category advisor relationships that we have with the UK's biggest and best retailers and distributors and are dedicated to understanding their priorities and agendas to build shared plans for growth.
As a Category Controller at PepsiCo, you'll be responsible for leading the delivery of the PepsiCo category management agenda across one or several of our customers (depending on the size). You'll provide customer and category insight to support and build category relationships, and you'll support the commercialisation of our PepsiCo UK brands.
In more detail you will:
- Create the category strategy for one of our your customer/s, including category engagement and resourcing
- Lead the development and delivery of the annual category plans
- Strengthen indispensable partnership with senior customer contacts by identifying key store, category & shopper risks & opportunities and then leading mutually beneficial strategic projects as a result of insights analysis and key findings
- Manage and coach the team to deliver against financial and category targets
- Own and deliver PepsiCo UK range and space metrics as agreed across your customer, and support delivery of the financial plan
- Act as an integral partner to internal sales teams by providing category and customer insight that helps shape strategies & tactics
- Establish new, and develop existing relationships with your customer, with the aim of moving us towards indispensable partner status to drive category, customer & PepsiCo UK growth.
- Own and deliver ad-hoc projects
What we're looking for:
- Significant category management experience, broad commercial experience and knowledge of the UK FMCG market
- Ability to merge multiple, complex data sources to develop insight and clear action plans
- Ability to lead and coach a team
- Knowledge of continuous data sources and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships, influence internal and external stakeholders and work in a collaborative manner
- Ability to set strategy, deliver results, build and present compelling selling stories using data and insight
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesise and integrate learning from multiple sources and see the connections in data, trends and events to generate insights
We pride ourselves on our superb work force. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of executive team having been promoted organically, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning. Career progression is incredibly important to us and we provide great opportunities to grow a long term career.