A leading supplier of DIY and Hardware products, our client is looking to appoint an Internal Account Manager to manage the business and relationships with a portfolio of their existing key customers, who are primarily independent DIY and Hardware retailers.
With flexibility to work from home, this role will take responsibility for a defined group of existing accounts, seeking additional mutual opportunities for product sales for both parties. The role will work in collaboration with the external field sales team, but with its own very clear individual responsibilities and objectives for client contact rates and targets. As this is an internal account management role, there will not be an expectation for client site visits but will you will build excellent, long term relationships with customers through regular telephone and email contact.
The objectives and responsibilities of the Internal Account Manager will include:
- Regular and structured client contact in line with the defined account management process.
- Strong collaboration with both the external account management and customer service team to meet client expectations.
- To take ownership of the accounts assigned and build relationships with the aim of driving growth.
- Follow up of leads that the business generates and assess the actions needed for new customer acquisition.
- Complete all records via CRM and agreed reporting as required.
- To become the relationship holder with the assigned accounts and to be able to sign post them to the other functions they need within our business to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
Calm, collaborative and patient in nature, the ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role within a B2B account management environment with a minimum 3 years’ experience. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the successful building of long term client relationships in a repeat business environment. Experience of managing distribution accounts within the retail or industrial sector is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Good understand of B2B sales process gained in a similar environment.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills to interact with impact, both internally and externally.
- Confident in the use of technology to support the role. Office and CRM experience needs to be demonstrated.
- Organised, systematic and methodical working approach.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Collaborative approach to work within a team.
Salary: up to £34,000 + bonus (depending on experience)
Consultant: Rina Gokani or Shelley Velati
Tel: 01275 813000
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.