** Please be aware that you are registering your interest for future Senior Operations Manager roles at PepsiCo, although we do not have a vacancy right now we are looking to connect with talented individuals to build connections with for when the vacancy arises in the coming months.
Join the world of PepsiCo Supply Chain in a fast paced Manufacturing environment. With responsibility to lead the core manufacturing operation and the production of iconic brands. Your leadership, innovation and problem solving skills will be utilised to the fullest; where in this fast paced and ever changing environment we can go from idea to implementation in a matter of days. You will be inspired by the driver of your team and feel a true sense of connection and comradery with your colleagues who are proud to work at PepsiCo.
Reports to: Manufacturing Director
Direct reports: 4 x Shift Operations Managers, Indirect up to c500 Front Line Employees
Location: Lincoln, Leicester, Coventry or Skelmersdale
Roles & Responsibilities
- Set the direction, the culture and the standards for people and performance at the site and ensure we meet those commitments by holding individuals accountable for the delivery of their responsibilities
- Development and Delivery of site AOP (including Productivity commitments) through daily/weekly/period management of all aspects of Operational performance.
- Deliver customer service: daily compliance with Supply Planning requirements (through management of shift-based teams), and flawless execution of all product-related change (NPD, trials, promotions, etc) for site.
- Deliver product quality standards and food safety/hygiene standards through operation/maintenance of production equipment, and management of shift-based teams to defined daily audit standards.
- Ensuring that the site culture continues to evolve and that PepsiCo Values and Guiding Principles are promoted and upheld.
- Manage all aspects of performance of direct reports. This includes: coaching, development, performance management, motivation and resource planning.
- Support the implementation and delivery of PepsiCo core operating processes
- Personal (and legal) ownership for the health, safety and welfare of >550 employees, and improvement of safety results to define and comply with internal procedures/policies.
- Ensure that all commercial change is executed in line with agreed plans.
- Assist in the development and implementation of capital investments on lines to support the efficient control of the site's capital plan inclusive of Transformation initiatives.
- A key member of the site leadership team - influencing the broader site agenda and ensuring consistency of approach / best practice development across the operations agenda
- Play a collaboration role outside of the site facility as part of the broader Operations Manager network and supporting the UK Operations strategy.
What we are looking for
- Significant operational manufacturing experience & knowledge (products, processes, maintenance) within a Food Manufacturing/ FMCG background.
- Very capable people leader: standard-setting, holding people accountable, influencing, motivating and coaching skills.
- High ability to communicate and be credible at all levels in the organisation (shop floor to senior executives).
- Broad understanding of Operations.
- Understanding of Operations financial processes and systems (AOP, forecasting, cost of goods detail).
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and its practical applications and processes
- A proven track record of project management and affecting change.
- Proven leadership and people development skills of a substantial team of diverse individuals
This role can be based at one of our manufacturing sites across the UK (Skelmersdale, Coventry, Leicester, or Lincoln). We foresee this role being full time but at PepsiCo, we are always open to conversations about flexible working options for the right candidate.