** Please be aware that you are registering your interest for future Engineering Manager roles at PepsiCo, although we do not have a vacancy right now we are looking to connect with talented individuals to build connections with for when the vacancy arises in the coming months.
Join the world of PepsiCo Supply Chain in a fast paced Manufacturing environment. With responsibility for developing and leading the engineering and maintenance team in the execution of the site engineering strategy. The primary focus is ensuring that the site is continuously improving the availability of plant and equipment, and ensuring that we manufacture quality products in a safe and cost effective way.
The Engineering Manager is a member of the dual site leadership team and as such has a leadership role to perform requiring a range of leadership skills and is expected to contribute towards the wider site agenda. You will be inspired by the drive of your team and feel a true sense of connection and comradery with your colleagues, who are proud to work in Supply Chain.
Reports to: Manufacturing Director
Direct reports: Up to 20 (dependant on site)
Location: Lincoln, Leicester, Coventry or Skelmersdale
Roles & Responsibilities
- Part of the dual site leadership team, contributing towards wider site strategy and objectives.
- Lead and implement site engineering strategy, drive improvements through Short Interval Control escalation process and use PepsiCo Engineering framework to deliver continuous improvement within core maintenance systems.
- Continually reduce unplanned and planned engineering downtime and slow running of the site's equipment to improve availability and performance as measured by Overall Equipment Efficiency.
- Provide clear and visible leadership to the engineering function to drive good governance and high standards of operation and drive forward manufacturing lean deployment at both Sites.
- Lead, manage and develop the engineering and maintenance team ensuring they have the resources, skills and support required to deliver site operational objectives.
- Ensure the most efficient and effective operating structure is in place partnering with the Site Operational leaders with supporting succession and development plans.
- Develop and deliver engineering annual budget and productivity pipeline.
- Build strategic capital plans to align with directed sourcing model and annual productivity
What we are looking for
- Previously worked within Food Manufacturing/ FMCG
- Proven leadership of maintenance or engineering function
- Strategic thinker, with a track record of delivering performance improvements and positive behavioural changes.
- Ability to deliver results, taking others with you via strong communication and influencing skills.
- Experience in strategy development/execution and driving innovation through inclusive and diverse teams.
- Track record of identifying and building technical talent.
- Previous experience with major budgetary control and development of financial plans, including productivity.
- Influence both internal and external agenda at a senior level
This role can be based at one of our manufacturing sites across the UK (Skelmersdale, Coventry, Leicester, or Lincoln). We foresee this role being full time but at PepsiCo, we are always open to conversations about flexible working options for the right candidate.