About the Role
Retail is ever changing and as we continue to transform our stores for the future and grow our online proposition to meet increasing customer demand, we are looking for customer focused leaders to drive service excellence across both the store and our online operation.
Our Operations Managers are integral to the successful execution of our future strategy and have overall accountability for the leadership and profitability of our online operation, the food hall, nights and warehouse operations. The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering the highest operational standards within these areas, enabling the delivery of a high-performance culture within their team. The successful applicant will quickly become obsessed about our strategy, our purpose and our customers, ensuring both our in-store and online customers have an outstanding shopping experience.
• Be accountable for the online operation, food hall, and the nights and warehouse operation
• Drive a high-performance culture, ensuring your teams lead their people to an exacting standard
• Deliver our future strategy and people plan
• Create an Easy, Fast and Friendly shopping experience
• Embrace and deliver change through effective engagement strategies
• Drive legal compliance
• Develop a talent pipeline, through identifying and mentoring potential leaders
• Use data to identify opportunities and assist in planning, including contract base management and rota sign-off
• Be proactive in planning ahead in order to deliver and lead both the store and online teams to meet customer needs and deliver excellent customer service
As part of the leadership team, you will work a three-week rolling rota including weekends, evenings, and late nights. As a crucial member of the duty management team, you will at times be solely responsible for the store, and therefore you will need to be confident in overseeing operation in its entirety.
If you're looking for an opportunity to develop in retail management, this could be the opportunity for you.
You will have a proven track record in leading through varied & diverse teams, delivering operational excellence and be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be adaptable to change as well as having an eye for detail and an ability to execute plans first time.
You will have an engaging leadership style, be a strong coach and mentor to all colleagues, with an ability to influence at all levels. You will be a strong communicator and be able to flex your approach depending on your audience.
Imagine being a part of the evolving world of retail and the difference you can make every day to a customer shopping experience both in store and online, this role will give you the opportunity to be a part of this transformation.
Alongside a competitive salary, you'll get lots of other great benefits too, including a competitive pension scheme, 10% off your Asda shopping, incentive schemes, bonus scheme and discounts across a range of services and activities, from airport parking to theme parks and cinemas.
Up for the challenge? Apply today by completing an online application…