Customer Account Specialist (CAS) – Food Distribution Industry
Full-time £26k - £32k per annum + Discretionary Bonus
Car Allowance or electric vehicle following successful 3-months probation.
Field-based – Central London (2-3 days a week),
Uxbridge Office (x1 day a week)
Home-based (x1 day a week)
Woods Foodservice Limited is a successful family-owned, fine food distributor to the quality sector of the catering industry. We provide ambient, chilled, frozen and fresh produce from around the world and are renowned as a market leader. Our clients are based mostly in Central London and include the likes of Heston Blumenthal, Gordon Ramsay, Marcus Wareing and Tom Aikens.
This sales orientated role sits within the Commercial team at Woods Foodservice. You will reach out to potential new customers, serve our existing customers and close sales for Woods. You will have a professional approach, develop excellent business relations with both distributors and customers bringing in new business and contribute to our overall success.
The duties of a Customer Account Specialist include though are not confined to:
- contacting potential customers and suppliers,
- scheduling and attending business and customer meetings.
- analysing sales data to project sales and review trends.
- working alongside various departments to define sales strategies and enhance the revenue and profit of the company.
- working across the Commercial sub departments of Sales, Purchasing and Marketing and providing them with better understanding of the company and of the Food Distribution industry.
- co-ordinate customer events/Warehouse events and Chef demo’s
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field e.g. business law, accounting & finance, marketing or management.
- 3-5 years of experience in Account Management, Sales or Marketing roles or Business Relationship Managers, preferably within the Food Industry.
- Highly effective communication and persuasive skills to form good business relationships with clients as well as suppliers.
- Service oriented and hold good analytical skills to determine the most beneficial sales strategies with profit and efficiency in mind. Active listening, negotiating and critical thinking.
- Experience using Business Intelligence Software to compile reports and produce analytical sales information.