***PREMIUM FMCG BRAND***
***x2 days in London based office, with flexible working hours - the rest from home***
We have partnered exclusively with a highly innovative and ethical FMCG brand based in Central London. They pride themselves on using only the most premium of ingredients in their products - they also have an inspiring brand heritage/story and a fantastic reputation in the market place.
They are looking for a Junior Category And Account Manager to join in a hybrid role, developing and delivering category insights, as well as account managing several of their smaller customer retail accounts.
- Develop and deliver category based insights to support the business in delivering the commercial business strategy and targets
- Be the expert in all things category and proactively feed insights into the business to raise the knowledge of the wider teams
- Understand the impact of the retail environment on the shopper’s behaviour (shelf layout, assortment, promotion, pricing strategies etc.) and make recommendations on best practice by channel
- Support the sales team in the creation of selling stories
- Evaluate range reviews and make merchandising recommendations in collaboration with the sales team
- Identify product white space for NPD and support innovation with category rationale
- Communicate latest consumer trends to marketing and support with quarterly measurements of marketing KPIs
- Own and deliver the P&L and operating budget for several small retail customers
- Deliver targets on sales and profit, and provide clarity to your manager on an on-going basis as to performance vs expectations
- Manage and develop strong relationships with your external contacts and develop win-win plans for your customers
- Accurately forecast demand and investment for your customers alongside managing, tracking and reporting agreed KPI’s, through collaborative ways of working with the supply chain and finance teams
- Deliver planned sales in line with the monthly forecast.
- Take into consideration their social and environmental goals within every aspect of the role be that transparency on their ethical policies and procedures with customers, focus on recyclability and packaging and reducing carbon impact
How will you contribute to the team?
- Be an expert in customer and consumer insight with the ability to turn that insight into action
- Be highly analytical and detail focused with a natural curiosity to understand more about the consumer and the business that will help unlock improved performance
- Have proven experience in data analysis and developing insight based strategies and selling propositions
- 1-2 years category experience and have worked with Nielsen / IRI data, Kantar Worldpanel and customer loyalty card such as Dunnhumby data
- Will have an understanding of effective merchandising and space planning practice
- Previous account management responsibilities (desirable but not essential)
- Strong ability to multitask in an entrepreneurial environment and the drive to make things happen The ability to use your initiative – being a self-starter with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and the desire to learn and grow
- An appetite for a challenge, with a hard working, tenacious attitude, ability to prioritize and the passion, drive and desire to win
If you'd like to arrange a confidential conversation please get in touch with Rebecca Evans asap to hear more! firstname.lastname@example.org