The National Account Manager will be based at home but have a requirement to travel to Head Office and Customers as required by the nature and scope of the role.
Reporting to the Senior National Accounts Manager, the National Account Manager will be responsible for managing a set of National Off-Trade retail customers to achieve distribution and activity KPI’s and deliver commercial sales targets.
• Experience in developing branded sales with UK multiple grocers and on-line specialists. Amazon account experience would be beneficial
• Good understanding of premium branded spirits market
• A high level of engagement and passion for luxury brands with heritage and authenticity are essential
• High level of negotiation and relationship management skills essential
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Application of consumer insights and trends to help maximise sales opportunities
• Self-motivated with highly developed planning and organisational skills
• Flexible, responsive and a team player
Who you will work with:
Internal: Senior National Accounts Manager
Regional Business Development Managers
Sales Operations & Finance
External: National Grocery retailers and e-commerce businesses
What you will do
• Proactive account management – developing relationships and deep understanding of your customer set, working collaboratively with them to agree and deliver JBP’s that drive volume and NSV growth aligned with the UK sales plan and individual brand plans.
• Negotiate terms with buyers on pricing and investment to deliver commercial margin & return on A&P spend.
• Win and secure meaningful visibility for our brands through effective digital and in-store activity programming and commercial management.
• Actively pitch ideas/proposals for new and existing products, being entrepreneurial and responsive.
• Effective administration and day-to-day management of accounts – account documentation, forecasting, reporting, GP management, A&P management with marketing team.
• Share customer and market intelligence and insight with brands team.
• Feed into social strategy to maximise impact of posts for our brands and customers.
• Optimise business in these accounts with limited editions & special releases.
• Work with the Brand Managers and regional Business Development Managers and leading delivery of best-in-class promotions to our customers and their consumers.
• Attend customer, trade and consumer shows and events as required representing Berry Bros. & Rudd brands.
• Ensure that all working practices comply with Health and Safety legislation.
• Day-to-day clear, concise, and professional management of customers.
• Delivering agreed commercial targets for your accounts.
• Create, manage & execute customer Joint Business Plans to achieve agreed goals.
• Develop new business compatible with the demands of the portfolio.
• Ensure all reporting is completed in a timely fashion.
• Develop a detailed working knowledge of the Brands spirits portfolio.
• Represent Berry Bros. & Rudd in the marketplace and embody the company’s values.
• Develop relationships with customer’s commercial, marketing & finance departments.
• Work cross-functionally within the business and your customers to facilitate JBP implementation and grow our brands.
What you will bring to the role
Your Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
• A strong emphasis on sales, managing key accounts and entrepreneurial behaviour; brand-driven approach to sales.
• Initiative & ability to make things happen, flexibility, high personal drive & motivation.
• Commercial savvy – achieving sales and margin objectives, including for the customer.
• Experience of working with national grocery accounts & e-commerce retailers and developing JBP’s.
• Understanding of the digital and in-store customer journey.
• Strong communications, presentation & influencing skills.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
• Creative thinker.
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and enjoy working collaboratively with customers and internal teams.
• Passionate about the spirits industry, high-quality spirits and cocktail culture.
• Well organised with strong attention to detail.
• Negotiation, influencing and numeracy skills.
• Appropriate IT skills.
• Degree level
• WSET level 2 Spirits
• UK driving licence