A unique opportunity has been created for a solid commercial individual with Grocery Retail experience and a new business mind-set. This European snacks business has serious growth ambitions and is looking to expand their UK presence which will contribute to developing from a €35m > €100m business over the next 5yrs. The business is 75% Own Label and is already trading with some Grocery & Discounter retailers in addition to specialist retailers within their category in the UK where Top3 Grocery is the major development aim.
UK Commercial Manager – Own Label | Top4 Grocery
European Pet Snacks business
£55,000 + £car allowance + 20% Bonus (+stretch)
The role will require someone who is comfortable with working remotely and on their own initiative alongside the European Head of Sales who is also based in the UK. The objective of the role is to develop existing clients and the Own Label product range and drive Brand through UK Distribution in addition to winning new business with the Top3 Retailers (Tesco, Asda & JS). You will be targeted to achieve stretching commercial KPIs through developing and executing the commercial plan to deliver profit and build solid relationships with all customers.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:-
- Must have Own Label experience developing, managing and leading JBPs with Top4 Grocery retailers
- Experience of working in a commercial role within Pet is favourable but not essential
- This role requires a growth mind-set so you must have an appetite for business development
- Knowledge and Category Buyer contacts within Tesco, Asda and/or Sainsbury’s is very advantageous
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven and dynamic with the confidence to lead from the front
- A hands-on cross-functional approach to help manage and deliver projects from a distance
- Requires the ability to build and develop profitable relationships at all levels
- First class presentation skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Personal career growth ambitions to develop further as the UK business grows
- Comfortable with Monthly sales meetings at European HQ (Western Europe – 2-3 days p/mth)
- A true passion and interest for the Pet (Dog/Cat) industry
- Comfortable with working remotely alongside the UK-based European Head of Sales
Pet industry experience is desired but not essential as the client is more focused on Top4 commercial experience with an Own Label background.