Ceuta Group is a global consumer brand service organisation working with some of the most dynamic brands in Health & Personal Care, Food & Drink and Household Categories. Our 450+ employees across the Ceuta Group support every aspect of brand growth for our clients and customers. Ceuta Healthcare, the flagship company based in Bournemouth, was established 25 years ago and continues to develop brands by offering key insights and category expertise to deliver great results consistently. Our business model and bespoke approach make us an invaluable business partner, and our Gold Investors in People accreditation demonstrates that we value our talented people and recognise that they are integral for helping us achieve our goals.
We currently have a vacancy for a new Business Development Manager in our expanding International Team. This is a full time, head office based, permanent position reporting to our International Commercial Controller.
You will manage specific Clients in line with company standards, policy, performance and strategy, with the objective to develop and introduce their businesses to international markets resulting in maximum benefit to both them and Ceuta International. You will identify, maintain and develop profitable business with specific distribution partners within defined international markets and categories. This role will involve frequent international travel (when government guidelines allow).
- Manage and develop business through specific European/International partners.
- Provide input to the development of brand and category plans with individual clients.
- Ensure plans reflect specific country opportunities and brand strategy reflects both client and Ceuta Healthcare objectives, maximising product brand shares and sales performance.
- Provide accurate and timely sales volume and value forecasts to support the delivery of budgeted sales, ensuring clients and partners maintain sufficient stock to meet existing and future requirements.
- Maintain updated information and reports encompassing business objectives and action plans.
- Prepare and deliver regular business reviews in agreed format and timing to internal and external parties.
- Ensure most favourable trading terms on price, service & profitability are negotiated with our partners for both Ceuta Healthcare and our clients.
- Ensure new product listings maximise potential business in specific country and market and communicate all relevant information to client and Director
- Control brand promotional budgets and identify improvement opportunities, maintaining control of overheads and expenses within defined limits to ensure most economic coverage of client aspirations within specific international markets
- Monitor and control partner development within their own market
- Monitor competitor activity and report on any such activity.
- Recommend and implement alternative business strategy in light of changing market /economic conditions
- Liaise with both client and partners on specific registration /MOH etc. issues to ensure they are completed accurately and with expedience
- Where necessary identify /contact / visit new partners within regional remit to understand capabilities and possible sign up to intentional alliance if mutually beneficial
- Review progress and targets on agreed business KPI for mutual assessment on progress with current partners
- Deliver NPD and new client opportunities in timely and professional manner ensuring all FAQ are covered in the initial process
- Ensure the commercial and general etiquette aspects of the alliance agreement are adhered to and paid.
- Identify, present and agree bespoke aspects of the alliance benefits to partners – training / networking / consultancy
- Support in preparation and delivery / attendance of the annual International conference
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of managing international export and/or distributors (preferably in the Health & Beauty industry).
- Demonstrable experience of:
- Distributor management
- International Logistics – incoterms
- Negotiating distributor and manufacturer contracts
- Delivering account plans to be implemented in market
- Good standard of general education including Maths and English.
- A strong understanding of key financial measures including ROI, promotional evaluation and sales analysis.
- Understanding of category management and core ranging principles in order to provide ranging recommendations for key customers
- The ability to review and analyse your own targets in order to successfully achieve agreed KPI’s.
- The ability to independently manage your own time and workload to successfully achieve agreed KPI’s.
- The ability to use Excel to an intermediate level to create spreadsheets in order to analyse business performance and make recommendations to Ceuta management, clients and customers
- The ability to use PowerPoint to an intermediate level in order to prepare and deliver an impactful PowerPoint presentation for selected accounts and clients to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills in order to interpret sales data and forecast accordingly.
- Basic understanding of market intelligence, e.g. Nielsen IRI reports to identify and understanding market trends and implications.
- The ability to interface effectively, up to director level in a B2B environment, in order to negotiate price, promotions and budgets.
- Competitive remuneration DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension
- Healthcare Scheme
- Reimbursed parking in central Bournemouth
- Occupational sick pay after 6 months
A detailed position profile with further KPIs and competencies can be found on our website, along with a link to our Careers Hub where you can complete an application form and submit your CV for consideration. Please use the reference REQ000028 when searching on our Career Hub.
The closing date for applications is 31/05/2021.