A high profile opportunity is available for an NPD leader to join a profitable Plant-Based organisation based in the UK who are beginning their global journey in one of the most dynamic categories within food. The Plant-Based division is highly ambitious and aims to double it’s size in 3yrs and become a leader in category by driving the brand and innovation alongside major investment in to the manufacturing site.
Head of NPD | Plant-based / Alternative Proteins | c£90k + Senior Package
Based in the Plant-Based Centre of Excellence, you will hold first class knowledge and experience of alternative proteins with the ability to demonstrate your experience of concept and process – this is essential. You must bring creativity to the role leading the site team with energy and flair whilst managing complex projects including R&D to ensure innovation concept is brought to fruition. The role will lead regular updates with the Global Plant-Based Leadership Team and work closely with a number of internal departments and stakeholders ensuring projects are aligned with path times and budgets.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:-
- Significant senior leadership experience within Plant-Based NPD including concept and process
- 1st Class project management skills with the ability to create and execute longer term R&D projects
- Effective people leader with ability to create a high performance mid-set within the team
- Chilled / Frozen Plant-Based food background is essential
- Significant experience and knowledge of alternative proteins
- Results orientated with excellent prioritisation skills
- Must be willing to relocate –the likelihood is… you probably don’t live near to this location!
- Degree in Food Science / similar
This really is a great opportunity for someone to come in and shape the agenda for the UK and Global Plant-Based business. You need extensive Plant-Based experience, either within an established or emerging business.