Highly Competitive Basic (plus additional excellent benefits)
- Are you a seasoned Buyer with a proven track record of success in the home, textiles or fashion sector?
- Do you have experience of extensive sourcing from overseas factories?
- Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Comfy Quilts offers everything that anyone could ever need to get a great night's sleep: from downy duvets for those with a yen for luxury, to specialist pillows for those with allergies or back problems. They offer branded products under license from household names including Silentnight, Rest Assured, Sealy and Jeff Banks and are proud owners of several exciting direct to consumer brands including Sleepy People, Nanu, Snug and Soundasleep. The business is extremely ambitious and proactive to product development, which is why their sales and market share continues to grow.
ElevateRTC are working with Comfy Quilts exclusively on this role. Direct and 3rd Party Applications will be forwarded to ElevateRTC.
In order to continue to deliver on their ambitious growth plans we are looking for a Senior Buyer to lead the sourcing and purchasing of finished products for the developing product range. The current range includes: duvets, pillows, bed linen, nursery (and even pet beds) under licensed Brands as well as own-label.
- Lead negotiations with finished goods suppliers (predominantly based in China and Pakistan).
- Monitor product performance, market data and consumer trends to identify opportunities and drive the direction of product development.
- Ensure all products meet the current, and future, needs of customers.
- Maintain strong market knowledge and keep up to date with market developments comparative shops, products, prices.
- Operate with credibility to present insights to the commercial team.
- Present business case for NPD and present sales pitches on new product.
- Identify gaps in the market & review product strategy across all Brands.
- Identify new suppliers.
- Enhance our reputation as product innovators.
This is a Full time, Permanent role: 35.5 hours per week
Knowledge and Experience:
- Working knowledge of and a proven track record in the home category.
- Strong negotiation skills with experience in leading negotiations and track record of achieving continuous margin improvement.
- Well versed in engineering product to meet commercial price-point.
- Experience of extensive sourcing from overseas factories.
- Strong commercial approach, with consumer perspective, to source innovative product.
- Experience in working with design and commercial teams in the development process.
- Highly organised and able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Reactive, able to work at a fast pace to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Independent, self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in textiles (including fashion) would be advantageous, but not essential.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive basic salary. They will also receive a range of excellent benefits including, but not limited to: Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Generous Holiday Allowance, Employee Recognition Scheme, Employment Discount Scheme and access to trained Mental Health First Aiders. This is a very impressive, family owned, family run business. Employing over 400 people over 4 sites in Manchester, the Comfy team is passionate about everything they do - valuing every person who plays a part in making their business so successful, as the largest supplier of filled bedding in the UK.
This role may be suitable for you if you have a proven track record as a: Buyer, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager, Head of Buying