An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sales & Marketing Executive to join our fast-paced and growing team. We are seeking a highly organised, personable, and efficient individual to assist in accelerating our growth in the US.
This is a dynamic role with a unique opportunity to join us from the early stages of our US launch and make a tangible difference to the company’s growth.
You will be a driven and enthusiastic marketeer, with an excellent understanding of all areas of marketing, ready to immerse yourself in our exciting and evolving brands and help the company achieve its goals.
You will have experience of launching and early stage growth of a product into new markets.
Key job activities:
- Responsible for the creation, execution and management of the USA marketing strategy for Salcombe Gin and our evolving non-alcoholic spirit brand New London Light
- Look after the USA marketing budget and ensure spend is delivering ROI
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the marketing team and external agencies on key campaigns, product launches and areas such as social media, photography, websites etc.
- Manage our USA PR agency and oversee all PR activity to help build on our brands’ objectives
- Support new product and service launches in the USA, in addition to supporting the launch of existing products in new states as SDCo.’s footprint grows
- Oversee the creation of all communications and collateral for US markets in keeping with our brand guidelines
- Work with our digital marketing manager on areas such as website content management, digital advertising, social media, SEO and building newsletter audiences
- Research and analyse target audiences, market trends and competitors
- Seeking out opportunities and build relationships with potential brand partners, e.g. lifestyle brands, tonic partners etc.
- Oversee and manage SDCo’s presence at various US based events, including sales support events, conferences and tastings
- Send weekly and monthly reports on key activities and results
- You may also be required to support the marketing team on non-US initiatives to support brand objectives
- Be the key resource and point of contact for our USA sales team for all marketing support required, including all sales support collateral, supporting trade events and tastings etc
- Ensure our brands are represented correctly with online trade partners, whilst making the most of opportunities for further exposure
- Work with the sales team to keep our CRM system up to date
- Manage marketing chargebacks on USA importer system
- Liaising with our importer and distribution partners on any marketing initiatives
- Liaise with the US sales team, UK products team and our importer to ensure compliance with US Federal and state requirements and filings
Required skills and experience:
- You will need to be confident, outgoing, polite and above all enthusiastic
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the drinks industry or in a similar role with proven experience in reaching new markets
- A strong understanding of US markets, challenges and opportunities
- An excellent copywriter and meticulous proof-reader with a strong grasp of the English language and flair for creative writing and storytelling so that messaging and tone of voice is on brand
- A natural brand guardian with an impeccable eye for detail
- Must be tech savvy with excellent computer skills and a good understanding of digital platforms
- You will be extremely well organised and share the same high standards, attention to detail and uncompromising approach to quality we have
- You will have a can-do attitude, always going the extra mile, ready to hit the ground running with our fast-paced team
- Be a team player and educator, sharing knowledge, skills and best practice