KBE Drinks were established in the UK 30 years ago focussing on the European development of India’s No1 beer brand Kingfisher. Since 2016, our product portfolio has enjoyed a period of rapid expansion and now represents brands from all over the world, the majority of which are part or fully owned by leading global brewers.
Our corporate mission is to promote a differentiated, authentic portfolio of leading world beers and ciders to delight and refresh consumers.
This is a high-profile position reporting to the On-Trade Retail Sales Controller with a core focus on new business development and account growth with existing trading customers within the on-trade pubs and bars sector.
We are looking for a BDE to drive commercial success, customer relationships, marketing partnerships and strategic development in the North East with independent and multiple operators within on trade environment space. This is a rare opportunity that truly offers breadth, empowerment and personal development.
Nature & Scope:
KBE’s portfolio of world lagers is perfectly matched to different international cuisines and there is a significant opportunity to drive new distribution across casual dining regional multiples and independent operators.
The right candidate will drive distribution focused on our world and discovery brands, build strong relationships with customer base and KBE’s route to market partners, win business through strong commercial skills and excellent understanding of the beer category to build best in class propositions.
o Target new business opportunities across on trade independent/regional multiple operators for KBE draught/packaged brands.
o Manage and retain relationship’s, build growth and ROS with existing customers across all brands.
o Negotiate effectively to ensure optimum profile and return (new listings, customer activation, promotional support).
o Report into and liaise on a regular basis with the Sales Controller.
o KPIs focused on distribution, volume and brand building opportunities.
o Effective networking and regularly meet with route to market partners to unlock opportunities.
o Vibrant, flexible and proactive work environment.
o True ability to manage and develop relationships within casual dining and route to market partners.
o Strong understanding of the alcoholic drink’s category/trends particularly BWS.
o Track record of delivering distribution, volume and profit growth.
o Commercial acumen.
o Ability to develop strong network within internal and external customers
o Self-motivated with the desire to deliver and win.
o Excellent verbal communication and influencing skills.
o Hands on team member who works with pace and urgency.
Relationships & Interfaces:
• External = existing and future customers, wholesaler contacts, and ethnic suppliers.
• Internal = marketing, sales operations team, finance, senior stakeholders
• Heavy focus on new business within on trade sector.
• Managing existing business, driving brands ROS and key activation growth initiatives across customer base.
Experience & Qualifications:
• The individual must be able to offer:
• Sales experience within On Trade Drinks/FMCG sector
• PC literacy including PowerPoint, PDF and Excel
• Educated to degree level (desired) / A-Level essential
• Strong negotiation, organisation and influencing skills to drive commercial success.
• Self-motivated/ Desire to deliver results / Energise others
* Please note that a full clean driving licence is a requirement for this role.
25 days holiday per annum
Competitive target driven bonus scheme