Job Title: Commercial Director
Package: Circa £75,000 + car allowance + profit share +bonus + benefits
This is a pivotal role reporting to the Chief Executive. Given the success of the business to date and its scale of enterprise this commercial opportunity can only be described as ‘fantastic potential’ for the right person. The business is at the forefront of changing consumer eating habits and the entire organisation will benefit from the experience and classically structured, yet entrepreneurially minded, background of a Commercial Director. This is a stand-alone company, although part of a larger group, with state-of-the-art production facilities.
We want an activity driven, authentic individuals with real drive and ambition looking to prove themselves in a growing business who has the potential to become Manging Director.
- Senior commercial figurehead who understands the ambitions for growth and has the customer, consumer and shopper universe close to their heart.’
- An ability to manage commercial relationships, both with UK retailers and our export customers particularly the USA and Europe. Export is 50% of the turnover.
- Direct and motivate the production manager to achieve production and labour efficiencies but without compromise on quality or customer service levels.
- An ability to work closely with finance and operations to develop a long-term strategy that maintains the company’s profitability.
The ideal candidate will be an effective and competent senior commercial professional or a Production professional with commercial experience. This will have provided you with classical commercial training and an understanding of the core needs of driving a business strategy.
The background of individual best suited to the role of Commercial Director is as follows:
- Ideally a graduate with a consistent stretch in FMCG food & drinks.
- A recognised track record of commercial performance within National Accounts.
- Strong and instinctive leadership skills that will bring collaboration and drive for results.
- Knowledge of how to use brand strength in the customer negotiation.
- Minimum experience as a National Account Controller, MS&P Controller or Production- Factory Manager.
Most importantly, you must possess an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial attitude. Other personal characteristics will include flair and creativity combined with common sense, a steady temperament, and an appreciation of good quality food and a can-do attitude.
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 18706/1
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications to any of our roles will be forwarded to our retained consultants Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.