Contract type: Permanent
People Leader: Grocery Channel Lead
We are the people behind method + ecover. We’ve always done things differently – we’re fearless thinkers, mad scientists and adventurous designers who believe that making soap leads to brave ideas, bold inventions and beautiful bubbles. We started small but we have big plans to make the world a cleaner, greener, more colourful place. We invite everyone to join us as we pioneer a future where doing business is doing good for all.
Let’s get one thing straight – you’re not coming here to just sell soap, or cleaning products. You’re joining us to move the hearts, souls and minds of others all over the world that see the world differently. We think about cleaning as an act of creative expression, a gesture of rebellion, and, yes, an escape from the normal. We take cleaning seriously – but not ourselves.
Alongside our friends Mrs Meyers and Babyganics, we are collectively known as Lifestyle Brands and are part of the SC Johnson family.
Based in our Richmond office and reporting to the Grocery Channel Lead, this role plays a pivotal part in both the UK and European sales organisation. Working directly with category, brand experience, new product development, operations and finance to create and drive the account strategy and deliver the business’ sales and profit targets. This is a senior role within our sales team, responsible for delivery of the sales and profit targets for one of our largest retail partners.
- Live the values of LSB (Lifestyle Brands - was People Against Dirty). Collaborate closely with other members of the team to set an envied culture and ways of working aligned with the company values and behaviours.
- Over deliver on all NAM basics. Be an example for the rest of the sales team with brilliant basics on accurate and timely financial and demand forecasting and admin.
- Be a relationship retail role model. Lead the relationship retail revolution with one of our most strategic customers. Know what you need to do to keep your customer happy operationally whilst bringing the fun.
- Deliver operating budget for your customers. Be resourceful and employ innovative sales and marketing solutions to deliver your targets for your customer. Manage the trade terms, agreements, price increases and promotional plans.
- Build compelling stories and sell with impact to build sustainable distribution, sales and profitability of existing and NPD lines within the customer. Bring deep customer, market and consumer insight into your role for your accounts.
- Collaborate with supply chain on the forecast for your customers
- Develop a spend savvy trade spend plan for your customers
- Work with the brand experience team to activate the brand strategy to complement customer strategy and deliver gold standard execution of the UK marketing plan across both brands
Experience you’ll bring:
- You’ll have learnt your trade through solid experience within an FMCG Sales environment
- You will have managed a big mass market account at SNAM level to deliver market leading growth, built, negotiated and executed a JBP and owned your account’s p&l.
Super powers you’ll bring:
- You’ll be at home being a trailblazer – trying things others haven’t tried before and quickly analysing whether they’ve worked.
- You’ll love devising the right plans for your customers and brand and be confident in coming up with the right solutions yourself…and then implementing them.
- You’ll be comfortable mining and using market data and using it to drive the growth of a brand.
- Your communication skills mean you’ll be at home living and breathing our brand in front of an audience, and you’ll be able to turn your own great ideas and a small purse into exceptional and profitable sales growth.
- You’ll not be comfortable in a bureaucratic ‘ivory tower’ – you’re a self-starter who’s not afraid to get your hands dirty and kick ass fast … and you’ll have the personality and passion to set and add to the team vibe in our office.
What’s in it for you?
- Summer working hours
- ‘Build your own’ learning programme
- Free breakfast & snacks
- 25 days annual holiday
- Pension, Life cover & Health Insurance
- Volunteering days
- Season ticket loan
- Wellness days
How to apply:
If you think this is the role for you, please follow the link to find out more information and apply. The deadline for applications is 7th May.
If you would like more information about this role, please email us at email@example.com and ask for the full job description.
It’s a big, beautiful, colourful world out there and we should celebrate that. That’s why we’re working hard to be a fully diverse and inclusive place to work. Every day we strive to create an atmosphere where everyone feels valued, listened to, supported and where we can do our best work. Sure, there’s always more that can be done. But together with our team, partners, customers and community, we can make everyone welcome.
If you have a disability that prevents you from following our online application process, please contact us on the email address above so we can provide an alternative way for you to apply. We are happy to make adjustments to our hiring process to ensure we are accessible to everyone – please let us know what we can do to support you.