Chancellor Tobacco (UK) Ltd and Honeyrose Products Ltd, independent UK manufacturers of exclusive and private brands of cigarettes and also herbal smoking products and mixtures, are looking for an experienced Sales Director, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the tobacco industry, to join their established team in Ipswich, Suffolk.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the growth of both the international and domestic sales for both companies. Proven connections within the industry to potential distributors, wholesalers, supermarket chains, convenience store chains and high street retailers is required.
Maintaining regular contact with current domestic and international customers and distributors, the successful candidate will have advanced negotiation skills and a professional and knowledgeable approach to each new business opportunity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the owner;
- Opening new distributions, major wholesale chains, supermarket and convenience store chains.
- Building a nationwide sales force, recruiting territory sales managers across the country, generating new businesses and managing existing client accounts.
- Liaising with other senior staff to determine the development of sales strategies, range of goods to be promoted and sold.
- Building a sales pipeline of new business opportunities to ensure the sales target will be met for the year
- Handling major customer accounts.
- Producing reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies for senior management
- Keeping up to date with products, competitors, and international legislation.
- Representing the company at exhibitions both within the UK and worldwide whilst building a network of new contacts.
- Travelling extensively abroad for negotiations and long business visits.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years’ sales experience in the tobacco industry
- Connections within the industry
- Commercially astute with ability to identify potential business opportunities
- Organised, able to prioritise and deliver results.
- Adaptability and persistence combined with the ability to work within the structure and requirements of the business
- Willingness to travel extensively
A company car plus competitive bonus will form part of the package.
Location base:- Ipswich,Suffolk
Salary: £60k + depending on experience plus bonuses & car.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent