National Account Manager
Circa £50K + Car + Bonus (plus additional excellent benefits)
Wilmslow SK9 1AX with frequent UK travel
- Are you an exceptional Account Manager with a proven track record of selling own label and branded goods to UK retailers.
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and competitive work environment?
- Are you looking for the next step in your Sales career?
This could be the role that you have been looking for…
Comfy Quilts offers everything that anyone could ever need to get a great night's sleep: from downy duvets for those with a yen for luxury, to specialist pillows for those with allergies or back problems. We offer branded products under license from household names including Silentnight, Rest Assured, Sealy and Jeff Banks and are proud owners of several exciting direct to consumer brands including Sleepy People, Nanu, Snug and Soundasleep. The business is extremely ambitious and proactive to product development, which is why their sales and market share continues to grow.
ElevateRTC are working with Comfy Quilts exclusively on this role. Direct and 3rd Party Applications will be forwarded to ElevateRTC.
In order to continue to deliver on their ambitious growth plans we are looking for a highly motivated passionate and driven National Account Manager to join the small but experienced sales team. This position will be all about driving growth in the existing customer base as well as maximising opportunities for additional / new business for a full range including duvets, pillows, bed linen, nursery (and even pet beds) under licensed Brands as well as own-label.
- Build and maintain strong customer account relationships with key customers – meeting regularly with customers and presenting to buyers.
- Maintain and grow existing key accounts in volume, value & margin to achieve budgeted sales and margin targets.
- Establish profitable growth and identify and deliver on additional sales opportunities.
- Help bring new products to fruition, including new product development, packaging and new line forms.
- Costings and Margin calculations, including an understanding of cost build up and variables affecting margin – transport, packaging etc.
- Extensive use of Excel for budget, forecasting, costings and sales analysis.
- Responsible for accuracy, accountability and attention to detail both financial and NPD.
- Provide a point of focus for effective communication between the customer and the various functional roles within the business.
This is a Full time, Permanent role: 35.5 hours per week
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven track record in increasing sales turnover & revenue and growth.
- Experience of selling into retail is essential.
- Affinity with product.
- Ability to build excellent relationships internally and externally (with new and existing customers)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proactive, used to decision making on initiative and able to manage priorities.
- Team player.
- Driving licence – willing to travel the UK.
- Experience in online account management would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive basic salary (circa £50K commensurate with skills and experience) plus Car plus 10% KPI Bonus. They will also receive a range of excellent benefits including, but not limited to: Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Generous Holiday Allowance, Employee Recognition Scheme, Employment Discount Scheme and access to trained Mental Health First Aiders. This is a very impressive, family owned, family run business. Employing over 400 people over 4 sites in Manchester, the Comfy team is passionate about everything they do - valuing every person who plays a part in making their business so successful, as the largest supplier of filled bedding in the UK.
This role may be suitable for you if you have a proven track record as a: National Accounts Manager, NAM, Senior National Accounts Manager, SNAM, Key Accounts Manager, Sales Manager or Business Development Manager