About the job
We’re on the lookout for a hard-working, experienced Buying Director to join our growing team at our Head Office in Atherstone.
The objective of the role is to prepare buying decisions which develop the sales and profitability of the business taking into account market, qualitative and commercial factors. In fulfilling your duties you will be expected to engage and develop the knowledge and initiative of your Assistant/s.
You will need to be a skilled negotiator, who is confident working with suppliers and our International Buying and Sourcing departments. Your ability to drive innovation and deliver solutions is key to the role. Along with attending trade fairs and meeting suppliers, delivering the best prices and offering great quality will be your motivation.
Guided by your leadership and people management skills, the buying teams will work collaboratively to utilise initiative and share knowledge that feeds into your vision. The result is a motivated team that’s clear about their personal development and bursting with ideas to enable your categories to grow in line with the wider business strategy.
You are responsible for finding, developing and managing suppliers, to negotiate and deliver our business targets whilst ensuring that product quality is achieved & maintained. You will forecast effectively and always be cost conscious. Responsible for developing and leading a high performing team, you will give them the opportunities to be their best.
A role of this magnitude requires you to manage a dedicated team of Buying professionals alongside taking responsibility across multiple departments such as Corporate Responsibility, Logistics and Quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within Buying is essential
- Experience within a senior management team is essential
- Must be able to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Strong organisational skills are required
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task and prioritise workload
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- Six figure salary with further increases based on length of service
- 6 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Full training provided.
- Company pension from commencement.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life assurance.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Long service rewards.
- A variety of Aldi Perks including bike to work scheme, discounted gym passes, accommodation, travel, cinema and family day out tickets.
Please submit all applications as soon as possible.