Department Engineering Manager Runcton & Selsey
We are looking for 8 x Department Engineering Managers to join to join our expanding teams. We are now Europe's biggest bagged salad manufacturer, so come and join us and make your mark!
If you have Engineering Managerial experience in an FMCG / Manufacturing role with a Mechanical and Electrical skillset then we would love to hear from you!
We have 4 vacancies at our Selsey site and 4 vacancies at our Runcton site on the Chichester Food Park.
Our employees say it's our people that make NWF a brilliant place to work, come and find out for yourself!
We make delicious salad meals, coleslaw, potato salad, bagged salads and leafy salad bowls. Our products are stocked by leading Retailers, supermarkets & restaurant chains and consumed by millions of customers in the UK, so you may well have eaten something made by us!
We have 4 different shifts and you will be the Lead Engineering Manager on your designated shift overseeing a small team. The role reports into the Site Engineering Manager for your site.
This role is a key point of contact between the Shift Operations team and the Engineering team.
This is a very hands on role and you will be responsible for leading and directing the activity of the Engineering team to ensure breakdowns are actioned quickly and the PPM schedule is delivered on time in full. In the event of unplanned downtime or immediate performance issues, the Engineering Departmental Manager will work closely with the Operations team to reprioritise planned activity to ensure service levels and quality standards are maintained to our customers.
You will need to be a passionate leader, with experience of motivating and engaging a team to success. You will also carry out regular 121's with the team
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure the factory is being operated to the highest standards of Safety and Quality.
- Conduct structured check ins with the HSE Advisor and MHAs to review safety and general wellbeing issues and create action plans.
- Clear accountability for delivery of all KPIs for your relevant department working with the Site Leadership team.
- Ensure shift engineers meet the pre-agreed KPIs and GMP standards
- Manage the shift within set engineering standards and KPI's
- Complete Risk Assessments, inspections, investigations, and training where appropriate
- Maintenance procedures written and delivered to engineers
- Clear accountability for the performance of your shift each day. This includes KPIs that relate to engineering, operational and financial performance
- Plays an active role in the delivery of the continuous improvement programme for the site. Continuously identifying ways to reduce cost and improve standards. Ensuring full stakeholder engagement throughout.
- Review the PPM schedule periodically against downtime performance to assess any changes required
Fresh produce is an interesting and varied industry. Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test.
This role will work closely with other functional teams e.g. Technical, Engineering, Hygiene, Logistics, H&S, Finance and Supply Chain.
Lettuce likes to be cool so temperatures on average are 3°C - 5°C so it is cold, think what it would be like to work in a fridge! Don't worry, you get a company fleece and plenty of free tea and coffee on breaks.
It's a fast pace environment but if you enjoy thinking on your feet, getting stuck into things and have a passion to be the best then we want to hear from you.
This is manufacturing environment with production lines, robotics, automation, conveyors, pneumatics, electrics and mechanical moving parts.
Covid update: All of our sites are Covid secure. We will provide you with PPE and there are plenty of hand sanitising stations.
Shift Pattern hours
Our employees love the benefit of our shift pattern - only working 14 days in a month.
Shift work - You will work 2 weeks on days and 2 weeks on nights. 12 hr shifts with 3 x 30 min breaks. You will always work on the same days of the week so you will always know your rota:
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - 6am - 6pm
Week 2: Only working on Wednesday and Thursday 6am - 6pm
Week 3: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - 6pm - 6am
Week 4: Only working on Wednesday and Thursday 6pm - 6am
Repeat back to days.
If you want to take 1 week off and you plan it right, you only need to use 2 days of leave to be off for a full week!
- Experience of successfully managing a team within in a FMCG based manufacturing environment
- Mechanical / Electrical engineering experience
- Full time salary but only work 14 shifts every month!
- Company pension.
- 22 shifts paid holiday.
- Free tea and coffee
- Discounted gym membership.
- Healthshield Perks healthcare package.
- Mental Health Advocates and established wellbeing programme.
- Life Assurance policy.
- Plenty of development and training opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts.
- Free parking
Key Words: Engineering Manager, Engineering Team Leader, Lead Engineer, Engineering Supervisor, Engineer, Multiskilled Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, FMCG, Food Manufacturing, Food Industry, Fresh Food, Fresh Produce #Chichester, #NWF