ManiLife is on a mission to become the number one natural peanut butter brand in the UK in the next 3 years.
Through sourcing the finest peanuts from a single farm in Argentina and adopting the kind of meticulous production processes we’re used to seeing in the likes of coffee and chocolate, we create absolutely mind blowing product. Existing consumers are willing to pay more for it, more often and it’s introducing new people to peanut butter every day.
A customer list that includes the likes of Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Ocado, Gousto, Mindful Chef, Hotel Chocolat, Farmdrop and Whole Foods Market delivering over 250% YoY growth, makes this an unbelievably exciting time to join the fray.
- Ownership of overall brand marketing strategy and delivery of activation plans to help achieve our goal of becoming the number one natural peanut butter brand in the UK by 2023.
- Lead the development of ManiLife’s marketing function to deliver our goals.
- Build a compelling and innovative comms strategy – delivering digital, social media and PR initiatives that drive high consumer engagement whilst ensuring return on investment.
- Key stakeholder in NPD and EPD projects, including design and packaging to deliver on-brand messaging and creative.
- Ownership of marketing budget with a constant focus on delivering ROI.
- Represent ManiLife’s marketing function at Board level as part of the senior team.
- Drive brand awareness and brand love at home and abroad.
- Improve ManiLife’s understanding of the consumer to best in class.
- Drive multi channel sales growth of at least 100% YoY through delivering best in class activation.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a brand guardian across all markets ensuring our brand identity and tone of voice is consistent and on brand at all times.
- Working closely with sales, operations and finance owing the planning and implementation of all Trade and Brand Marketing activity .
- Manage and develop our existing marketing resource.
- Develop and agree measurable KPI’s for all marketing activity.
- Develop our consumer insight. Taking the lead on conducting bespoke consumer research as required to lead and validate marketing decisions and NPD projects.
- Be the customer champion and continually maintain and update customer pen portraits.
- Maintain effective internal communications to engage the company around marketing activities.
- Consistently report on and learn from all marketing initiatives.
- Build knowledge of the category and ensure regular reporting on what the competition is doing.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU:
- 7-10+ years broad background in marketing within FMCG food or drink – preferably with a skew to building premium brands.
- Experience of working in an entrepreneurial environment in FMCG SME OR A blue chip background with smaller brand budget experience
- Exceptional leadership skills with a strong ability to influence and negotiate across all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to deliver at both a strategic and operational level
- Excited by the challenge and growth opportunities within a scale-up culture.
- Very savvy with digital and social media activity and willing to roll their sleeves up.
- Enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven track record in project management, delivering a results at pace.
- Ability to react positively to rapidly evolving brand requirements.
- Personal drive, tenacity and energy.
- Results oriented with strong analytic skills and commercial acumen.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Team player, positive, high energy and resilient.
- Degree or equivalent
IF you have the above experience in food or drink and want to play a leading role in building something genuinely magnificent (!!) then drop your CV across to email@example.com
Vertex Resourcing Ltd is the retained partner on this search and will be collating all forms of CV introduction to the business.