You will be responsible for delivering global industry leading product development and innovation within the growing Herbal market. drive New Product Development in accordance with commercial goals and company ethos; provide best-in-field advice on development initiatives to suit target markets; support Existing Product Development.
- An iconic brand and a global business, who are real disruptors within the industry!
- Category leading business, with continued innovation and huge ambitions for continued growth
- Excellent company culture, passion for environment and sustainability
Coordination & Leadership of Herbal Development
- Inspire leadership within the Herbal Team and more widely in innovation and herbal development across all categories.
- Work with Marketing to consider and help develop product portfolio to drive innovation and improvement across range.
- Guide the delivery of Herbal Development by working with the Herbal Director and others on the overall Development Strategy, including process and formats.
- Manage the Herbal Development budget and allocate resource effectively.
- Nurture and develop the development team.
- Lead strategic value-adding projects to support the 5-year business plan.
Herbal Development Activities
- Manage the development of global market-suitable NPD and EPD blends for all formats (Tea, Supplements and new) in line with Gate Process.
- Work with Marketing to consider how best product portfolio can develop in line with commercial objectives and the Strategic Business Plan.
- Deliver technical reports and updates to the Herbal Director and Commercial Team regarding innovation, herbal development, and herbal markets.
- Lead R&D activities with an eye for technical detail and a comprehensive grasp of the bigger picture of business strategy
- Grow as an expert on products, herbs, standards, and values.
- Create original thought-leadership within the field of natural medicine, tea, supplement, and other herbal product categories.
- Work closely with Quality Control and Sourcing to streamline herbal product
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified with a degree in Herbal Medicine, Food Technology, Nutrition, or another health-related discipline.
- Evidence of commercial success working in a product development arena.
- Experience leading R&D projects with a cross-functional team.
- Strong project management skills.
- Expert in natural medicine, healing traditions and science.
- Good knowledge of the broader context of the environmental movement, especially organic agriculture, Fairtrade, FairWild.
- Previous experience working in a development capacity within food or a food supplement business.
- Understanding of quality systems including the principles of GACP and GMP.
- An understanding and practical application of herbal and nutritional formulation skills.
- Experience of leading, managing and influencing people
Skills & Competences
- Ability to discern the most effective solution for delivering herbal expertise in the development arena.
- Comfortable being a thought-leader in the subject of herbal development and working with industry and trade figures to deliver outstanding results.
- Ability to translate complex subject matter into simple concepts for others.
- Experience in prioritising workloads effectively and project managing a wide range of ongoing matters.
- Proficient in navigating computer systems, including Microsoft office and databases.
- Inspiring and sparky intellect, combined with an enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Calm and unflappable so remain clear-headed at all times.
- Resilient in the face of changing priorities and a significant workload, whilst maintaining a sense of humour and a passion to work hard.
- Team player, willing to help others and work cross-functionally.
- Organised and meticulous in determining the priorities whilst working with an immaculate attention to detail.
- Able to proactively problem-solve, easily seeing a way through problems, both individually and collaboratively.
- Personal integrity and commitment to fulfilling your potential.
- A genuine passion for company mission, demonstrated by personal lifestyle choices
Please send your CV using the form on this page, quoting reference. 11/15925/7 Confidentiality assured.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please search our vacancies on our website.